GnR

adrianfa

ISDC Club Member
Did they walk off stage after 5 songs??
Trying to put 2 + 2 together from what I'm readin on twitter........

from what ive read they were an hour late on stage in reading , cos axel slept in ....
then he proceeded to sack his entire crew ....
so god knows what hes up to now ...

man needs to take his head out of his ass

Thank god i didnt go see them......... Was tempted.........

Ya from what i seen he didnt arrive until after 10, an hour and a half late
Played 3 songs and left

Alot of people demanding money on mcd

He'e a big, fat ginger asshole! :angry1: And they can't possibly be called GNR without the other original band members... it takes more than one man! It's basically that fat f**k with a load of session musicans... a glorified cover band now! :snooty:

Waited nearly 3 hours to see them back in 92 in Slane coz he was having a temper tantrum! He's so far up his own arse... such a tosser!

He was always a wan£er!! It wouldn't be the first time this happened.
With the original guns and the new gay band members.
Shame he hasn't copped on at this stage!

Have to agree with their actions. Nobody should have to take having bottles thrown at them. If more and more artists walk off stage then people will think twice about throwing stuff at them.

Irish times reporting they came back out on stage and finished their set.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=26241.msg308193#msg308193 date=1283417889]
Have to agree with their actions. Nobody should have to take having bottles thrown at them. If more and more artists walk off stage then people will think twice about throwing stuff at them.

[/quote]

Andy... they where an hour and a half late with no apology. Been to many gigs where stuff gets thrown on stage... goes hand in hand with rock gigs and no one ever complains like he does... I've been hit by glass bottles at gigs... and it was obly plastic bottle being thrown!

They came back on to a near empty O2 to an irate crowd and played again... but by then most people had left!

He's a f**king egotistical ass!

[/quote]

Bunch of tossers, they only played so as to get paid and so mcd wont have to payout refunds :icon_rolleyes:

[quote author=Pete link=topic=26241.msg308200#msg308200 date=1283418948]

[/quote]
Bunch of tossers, they only played so as to get paid and so mcd wont have to payout refunds :icon_rolleyes:
[/quote]

MCD will probably have to still pay out... but Axl and Co have covered there own ass by playing to the small pissed off crowd left... so MCD are pobably f**ked unless they take em to court... long drawn out and probably a waste of time!

Supposedly security told people to leave, that's why allot were gone. They get their money back?

Every gig I've been to, I've seen bottles being thrown. All bottles in the o2 are plastic and they take the caps off you, they'll do feck all damage lol. I was at blink 182 the day before gnr and they didn't moan like bitches. Same with green day a few weeks before hand.

Axel is stuck up his own arse.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=26241.msg308204#msg308204 date=1283419720]
This bottle throwing thing the norm at certain concerts?
[/quote]

Yep... i got skulled quite a few time at Rage gig... :doh: but there plastic FFS! He's a f**king deluded bitch!

Went to see Eric Clapton in the O2 last year and nobody threw bottles. Is it just certain bands or individuals people target?

Any gig I've been to it happens, they're only plastic bottles and event staff take the caps off you, so they are not heavy with liquid when they are thrown. Axl is a fairy, I'd be pissed if I has to wait 2 hours for them to play. 60 or 70 quid a ticket.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=26241.msg308208#msg308208 date=1283420003]
Went to see Eric Clapton in the O2 last year and nobody threw bottles. Is it just certain bands or individuals people target?
[/quote]

Yeah sh1t bands.

i remember years ago i was at Anthrax concert in the top hat Dun laoghaire there was more then bottles thrown at them and they weren't plastic

the fuckers also walked off :icon_headbang:

Guns N’ Roses front man Axl Rose stormed off stage last night after somebody threw a bottle of water at one of his bandmates during a performance in Dublin.

Rose had earlier frustrated the capacity crowd at the O2 by turning up an hour and a half late.

He stopped the band during the intro to the second song Welcome to the Jungle when a bottle of water was thrown on stage.

“Here’s the deal, one more bottle, we go home," he told the crowd. "We want to stay. If you don’t want to have fun just let us know. We’ll be on our way."

Rose made good his promise after another bottle was thrown as guitarist Richard Fortus was about to start a solo and took his band off stage to a cacophony of boos and cat-whistles at the end of the fourth song Mr Brownstone . Guns N' Roses had been on stage for 22 minutes.

Frantic efforts were made to get him back. A woman came out on stage and was booed when she said they were experiencing “technical difficulties”.

MCD promoter Denis Desmond came on stage and asked the crowd for patience, which is also Guns N’ Roses song title.

“We’re trying hard to get Axl to come back on stage. I’m trying hard to get Axl to come back on stage. I’d ask you please to refrain from throwing items at him. I promise a great show, but you have to calm. I’m sorry about that,” he said.

After short interval, the lights came on and thousands of fans left the arena.

To the surprise of remaining fans, the band appeared back on stage half an hour later to complete their set.

Rose said to the crowd: “Let’s try this again”. The band played until 12.52am by which stage more fans had left.

Last night’s concert is the latest in a long line of issues involving Rose, who has a reputation as one of rock music’s most unpredictable stars with a penchant for turning up late and storming off stage.

The European leg of his Chinese Democracy tour is turning into a disaster. The power was cut on the band’s performance at Reading when they went on stage an hour late and also at Leeds where they were 35 minutes late.

Of late, Rose, who is the only surviving original member of the band that was once of the biggest in the world, has been communicating with fans by Twitter. They will eagerly await his next tweet

Back