Getting rid of old oil

Kielyb4

Petrolheads
Hi Lads,

Have a load of old oil round the back of my garage. Its engine and gearbox/diff oil. Any idea where i can get rid of it ?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Hello Kielyb4,

It all depends on how much oil you have to dispose of :thumbsup:

We use this company where I work: http://wasteoilni.enva.com/

If you have a small amount, you can bring it to your local County / City Council Recycling Centre :thumbsup:

Look up the most local one to you on the web and just double check that the particular one accepts waste oil :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Cheers for that Michael,
I have about 50 litres I would say cuz over the years they have just mounted up :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the info..much appreciated :thumbsup:

Ask your local garage where they dispose of theirs either , think ive even seen some garages burning waste oil to heat their work shops so surely someone will take it

the cousin bought a kit for 1400 and converted his house boiler and takes oil off the local garges and heats his house all year round for free... :653:

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=22576.msg271416#msg271416 date=1270372932]
Ask your local garage where they dispose of theirs either , think ive even seen some garages burning waste oil to heat their work shops so surely someone will take it
[/quote]

Hello Tommy,

These waste oil burners are now coming under the attention of a E.P.A.

In future to operate one of them you may need a Waste Permit, this will apply to existing and newly supplied ones :doh:

This will leave a lot of people using them in a Bad Situation :icon_cry:

A little bit of pointless information..... :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

cheers michael , mate of mine has one and doubt he'll have heard of this new legislation , will pass it on to him .

Back