Gen 3 Glasscoat on a new car

KENC

ISDC Club Member
A guy I am working with is in the middle of buying a new Hyundai Jeep, the dealer has offerd him this Gen 3 Glass cost protection package for exterior and interior for €280 extra... Anyone know if this is worth the price or if it's any good? Looked it up on web and it's hard to know if it's worth doing or not???

No man not worth a penny of it genuinly man.we do the exact same job here for €150 no 1 and no2 use a way better product

Save his money and take it to a proper detailer.most garages just lamp the product on after their own valet washes it. They don't decontaminate or prep the paint properly for it half the time.

I do all the new cars here for our local Honda garage and they go trough it with a fine Combe to make sure they are 1000% every time a lot of hard hours goes into doing this
The garages just do a quick hit and miss job and tell you they have spent 2 days doing it handy €250 for them for jack sh*t

Yeah that's what the suspicious part of my mind was thinking.. Being a brand new car would it be done at the garage or by Hyundai in Dublin? Before it reaches the garage?

And is the job you are doing Tommy a benefit to the paint?

Unless he's going to look after it properly himself, foam, 2 bucket method, etc, there is no point doing anything at all. Same if he's planning on using a standard car brush wash, no point as the paint will be in sh*t in no tiime at all that way too. If he's into foam, 2 bucket, etc already, he'd do a better job on it himself, but as he's considering this, I doubt that's the case :thumbsup:

Ah he wouldn't be the kind of guy that would be infatuated with cleaning to that extent, I'd say a bucket sponge or brush and shampoo would be him... That's why I was wondering would that protection coat be a good idea for him

Back