Gears and Gasoline Subaru aftermarket video

Just watched it. Made me laugh out loud the info from the experts about subaru reliability issues. I can understand the shortcomings of the 2.5 block but I seriously wonder how they destroying the 5 speed boxes unless they are really poorly made for the US cars.

Someone enlighten me about that bit[emoji848]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

I hear ya but something to bear in mind when the yanks talk about 300/400 hp cars they always talk about wheel hp

where as we tend to give the engine hp here for cars and the higher numbers and whp figures mentioned would prob cause issues for the good old 5 speed

Thats my 2 cents anyway

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Always wondered that too as couldn't wrap my head around it.
I think also their fuel quality plays a major role in having issues. At one point in the video, Andrew Tech guy mentioned a 15k miles car engine blowing up. Like, how do you do that to a stock engine [emoji23]

#hmblwgn

Just watched it. Made me laugh out loud the info from the experts about subaru reliability issues. I can understand the shortcomings of the 2.5 block but I seriously wonder how they destroying the 5 speed boxes unless they are really poorly made for the US cars.

Someone enlighten me about that bit[emoji848]

#hmblwgn

The torque from a 2.5 can easily finish off a 5speed box .
I had 2 failures , the hp was normal 320-330 but the torque was 380-400 lbft with a vf48.
Must post a picture of the gear set 4th gear completely stripped [emoji23]

Always wondered that too as couldn't wrap my head around it.
I think also their fuel quality plays a major role in having issues. At one point in the video, Andrew Tech guy mentioned a 15k miles car engine blowing up. Like, how do you do that to a stock engine [emoji23]

#hmblwgn
I heard of a 7k 2016 sti in uk blowing up from mate in place that did rebuilds and it wasnt just 1 or 2 cars

Search EJ25 failures and you?ll find out exactly how bad they are standard
Lads in mates place reckoned it was to do with turning up the boost on standard 2.5 either wrx or sti barry there any truth in that?

Also had a load of them prodrive hatch 330s in for engine replacements apparently subaru told them the above ..

Lads in mates place reckoned it was to do with turning up the boost on standard 2.5 either wrx or sti barry there any truth in that?

Also had a load of them prodrive hatch 330s in for engine replacements apparently subaru told them the above ..

Mostly to do with ignition timing in the factory map and poor fuel

Cool intresting stuff

Can happen to any engine Ej205/207 too

219km on my yolk better get the piggy bank started [emoji2]

Cool intresting stuff

Can happen to any engine Ej205/207 too

219km on my yolk better get the piggy bank started [emoji2]

The 2 litre doesn?t really suffer from usual 2.5 down falls

Last edited: