GC8 WRX Impreza.

Jay_wrx

Sunday Drivers
Said I'd throw up the new purchase and see what you guys think. Don't know how true the spec list is as in power wise and engine tuning. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated.

Full version 4 kit
Sti lightweight bonnet
BC coilovers,
Dimpled and groved discs,
Full STI interior,
Full japspeed exhaust,
Walbro fuel pump,
Sti genome boost gauge,
Turbosmart dump valve,
HKS turbo timer,
Apexi induction kit,

The fella I bought it from said its 280hp with an upgraded STI turbo. Don't know how true it is but no doubt I'll find out soon enough too. Anything that you notice that I don't would be gratefully appreciated if you could let me know.

Looks Great :thumbsup:
id loose the steering wheel cover and quickly if mine :icon_grin:
even if steering wheel is worn
All the best with it looks very nice

Cheers lads. That was the first thing that was taken off before I left the guys driveway lol. The wheel was worn slightly but I'd much rather that than a halfords steering wheel cover.

Car was local to me and driven daily. Previous owner before the chap you bought it off did the work on it regarding upgrade turbo etc. He didn't check just took his word for it.

How or never, it isn't remapped and I think it has a decat now since it's last NCT. Best investing in a remap.

It's a nice tidy car.

Thanks for all the good comments lads.

Thanks for that John kinda puts my mind at ease a little. Failed on emissions so it did so prob best off getting it mapped and go from there. Who would be the best person to map the car? Speaking from personal experience from yourself?

Thanks for all the good comments lads.

Thanks for that John kinda puts my mind at ease a little. Failed on emissions so it did so prob best off getting it mapped and go from there. Who would be the best person to map the car? Speaking from personal experience from yourself?

Mine was mapped by Andy Forrest who doesn't make irish trips anymore.

Fairly sure your ECU can be mapped. Cheapest option is probably EcuTek. Duncan Graham does mapping via RSR. He's quite good. Have a quick Google on UK forums. Before Simon Roe (JGM) passed away Duncan was given his previous mapping data for any of his customers needing tweaks.

Joe Power and Aonghus Power would also come highly recommended.

Joe has a TypeR track monster and is very big in the Vag/BMW scene. Has even lent a hand it BritCar 24hr and LeMans.

Aonghus also very good. Has mapped a few members cars and is very patient and very good with aftercare. Also maps rally cars etc.

You'll be in good hands. Nice safe road map will transform the car.

Thanks a million lads.

I have heard of both the power guys. I don't mind making the long trip at all if it's for the benefit of the car really. Would ideally like someone in Ireland as it makes more sense if something went wrong or went on to make bigger power.

The previous owner didn't have the car for long at all. What was the guy you know like John? He gave a list of the spec saying it was forged but I'm not taking anyone word and no actual proof

Thanks a million lads.

I have heard of both the power guys. I don't mind making the long trip at all if it's for the benefit of the car really. Would ideally like someone in Ireland as it makes more sense if something went wrong or went on to make bigger power.

The previous owner didn't have the car for long at all. What was the guy you know like John? He gave a list of the spec saying it was forged but I'm not taking anyone word and no actual proof

Don't know him personally. Rule of thumb is if there's no receipt, it's not rebuilt or forged. IMO nobody spends that kind of money and doesn't keep receipts.

Aonghus and Joe are difficult to get. You'll have to keep at them and at them until they answer the phone.

Whereas with Duncan it's book in with RSR, turn up on the date and get mapped.

Mapping is personal preference IMO.

How quick could I get a slot Colm? No rush just curious to see how long it will take. Also does anyone know where I could get a version 2 front lip or a 22b front bumper non wide body.

Back