G-plus turbo inlet fitting issue

tomo

Petrolheads
Ladies and Gentlemen, got a silicone G-plus turbo inlet for 02 wrx, put it on car today but it doesn't fit, both ends look too long and the couplers don't line up with vacuum etc. hoses. Any advice before I get another one? Mine looks same as the one at the pic. Thanks.

bAb9GYy.jpg

Maybe it's not meant to be for that turbo? Either way, I wouldn't be trying to cut it to size but rather get the correct turbo inlet hose for your car imho

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

It said it was for SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO WRX STI EJ20 GDA GDB so should be right fit. Need to look for another one asap as the car is my daily :icon_sad:

It said it was for SUBARU IMPREZA TURBO WRX STI EJ20 GDA GDB so should be right fit. Need to look for another one asap as the car is my daily :icon_sad:

Yours is a wrx so the sti inlet won?t fit.
No advantage having a silicone inlet just get a Subaru one

I was told the wrx ans sti inlets are same. I am fitting it with intake manifold on so can't get a plastic one unfortunately.

I was told the wrx ans sti inlets are same. I am fitting it with intake manifold on so can't get a plastic one unfortunately.

They are different, an sti turbo has a larger inlet than a td04.
Sorry if this comes across wrong but you have created the problem yourself By listening to someone that doesn?t know enough about the cars and the solution is just get the correct hose and take the manifold off to fit.
Hope you get it sorted

Got the info from a subaru breaker and also looked on ebay and scoobyworld and they all said it fits both wrx and sti engines. The pipe I got is same size as the turbo. Finally got it fitted but had to do a lot of trimming etc.

Got the info from a subaru breaker and also looked on ebay and scoobyworld and they all said it fits both wrx and sti engines. The pipe I got is same size as the turbo. Finally got it fitted but had to do a lot of trimming etc.

Good man

Back