Future B4 owner

Jaak

Petrolheads
Hi all,

I have been browsing this forum for a couple of days, and I really like it so far.
I'm currently looking to buy a B4, went to a few dealers over the last months but could not find any good examples.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for when buying a B4 (year 2000)?
Apart from any strange noises coming from engine, bodywork/chassis damage, how do I know if the turbo and all is still in good condition?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Jaak

Thanks Chris, I will keep an eye out for that.
Is there any way a person could tell if the car is mapped for Irish fuel?

Thanks in advance :smile:

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=24204.msg287685#msg287685 date=1276086580]
very clean, reliable B4 - needs nothing and has all basic mods done, a perfect base model to start with :thumbsup:

http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=24217.msg287681#msg287681
[/quote]

Cheers, Looks like a stunner!
Unfortunately the blue doesn't do it for me. I prefer all black.

Another problem is that i still have to get rid of my other car, that's where a dealer comes in handy for trade-ins.
I have seen a black B4 on here for sale, that one is very nice, but above mentioned problem still persists.

Cheers guys,

Generally the only problems you should come across is MAF, Lambda and O2 sensor. They can be checked by plugging in the diagnostic connectors under the dash. When checking the car make sure she well warmed up before driving off. When out on the road, make sure to give her plenty of welly, and check for excessive smoke from the rear. your also looking for a smooth changeover between the first turbo and the second turbo.

If you would like i can go with you and have look, i'm no expert but would be happy to share my knowledge to help give ya a better decision :thumbsup:

Oh and welcome to the club lol

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

@Sweetcakes:

I have a 98 Toyota Starlet Glanza S. Car is immaculate. Always taken the best care with it.
Seems to be a problem selling as the market it swarmed with cheap turbos. Nobody wants non turbos.

I have waited a long time to finally get insurance on a low enough point to get a B4 that I wanted from the start.

@ B4_RSK

Thanks for the comments. I will definately check that out.

Do you guys ever go for meets?

Your welcome :thumbsup:

Yeah we have meets, there's a Dublin night meet every month, we go to different pubs either on the northside of southside for some grub and a chat, not so long ago for the night meet we went go karting in kylemore.

The committee organise bigger events that happen during the course of the year, an ISDC display at japfest, and track days etc. Trust me get your name down for full membership, best €50 you'll ever spend :thumbsup:

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:
Im currently a member for TGTT for the last two years. We had some meets and was pretty cool as well.

Fingers crossed I get the B4 then I'll be more active with the forum.
Until then I just have to wait... Never knew the sound of a boxer engine could be so addictive :icon_headbang:

Are you guys going to check out Prodrift on the weekend of the 25th(iirc)?

Thanks for the welcome all!
Today was the day I was supposed to get the B4. Unfortunately it was sold just before I went to go and get it.
Very pissed off. But hey, what can you do?
Still trying hard to get one as soon as possible :icon_headbang:

Back