Fuel Consumption

i also have 2001 wrx with the prodrive pack and i average 15mpg and thats going hany 10-12mpg if i drive it like it should be driven dont know how yee are managing 25mpg

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=2265.msg20756#msg20756 date=1178737602]
Lads for anyone who has the apexi hand controller or similar.
Normally i average 18mpg - 20mpg TypeR 1.3bar boost

At the weekend i was using 0.9 bar boost and was averaging
24 - 26 mpg .......................big differnce when you consider i done
900K :shock: :shock: ...................must admit the car was alot slower

Niall

[/quote]

hi niall, did u adjust the boost from the controller or do u have a separate boost controller

thanks
John

I think i just figured out im getting 16mpg

From 50 euros of petrol which i am guessing is around 45L i get around 260Kms which i think is 10 gallons to 160 miles? Maybe some of the maths is wrong though. When getting 25MPG are you driving around at 2K revs all the time?

I have filled my car up about 6 times its always been between 240 and 300Kms im getting from 50 euros with a mix of driving in traffic around town, on m50 and driving it hard a little bit.

Your car seems very thirsty Rowan. I, rather boringly, never seem to get less than 440km from a full tank. And no, it's not driving at 2000rpm all the time :D

I'm averaging about 550kms on a full tank. I Dont tramp it on too much though. The odd fast trip to work in the morning or a quick overtake.

550mks to a tank :angry: the best i have gotten out of a tank was 480-500 with alot of motorway crusing. i avg 330-350 driving normally with only the odd burst. these higher petrol prices killing the pockets.

Time to start back on the push bike thats what i did 20 miles a day and at the end of the week had loads of money :thumbsup:
And it keeps you fit and i know a bloke that has a bike shop that will do you a deal on a new bike  :p

if the fuel prices keep heading to the heavens :hang: then i might have to give your mate with the bikes a bell.

think mine is working out around the same as rowanh.

Dont drive it too hard(120-140kmh to/from work) but cant resist taking off from lights.

Worth every penny

:smokin:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

well done carlo, when she is runnin out, put more in :lol:

:thumbsup:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=2265.msg40136#msg40136 date=1191766190]
Time to start back on the push bike thats what i did 20 miles a day and at the end of the week had loads of money :thumbsup:
And it keeps you fit and i know a bloke that has a bike shop that will do you a deal on a new bike  :p
[/quote]

:lol: It's true he does done me a good deal now I have more money to quench my thirst  :guinness:  :D

MPG on my last 3 fills:

29.6mpg
31.3mpg
29.7mpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, the economical Subaru Impreza WRX!! :D

@ Nodge .............Hmmm :ponder: :ponder: Was that with wife & baby on board
or not :p :p :p..........i would imagine the latter might have an effect on those figures :D

Niall.

I'm getting about 300 to 350 km's to a full tank. That's just normal commuting driving - no motorways etc.

[quote author=mack link=topic=2265.msg40726#msg40726 date=1192019192]
is that 300 miles to a tank ?
[/quote]

31.3 mpg was 357 miles from 52 litres
29.6 mpg was 326 miles from 50 litres

And yes Nially, got it in one :thumbsup: The first one included a trip to Kerry, the second one driving to Clare - both with the 2 passengers on board :whistle:

Back