Front Shocks

KevinCork

ISDC Club Member
Any advice or recommendations for my car lads just rang the main subaru dealers there and its 493.00+ VAT each for the front alone. Any suggestions or other options for shocks. She's a 2008 2.5 WRX Sti widetrack Hatchback

Any advice or recommendations for my car lads just rang the main subaru dealers there and its 493.00+ VAT each for the front alone. Any suggestions or other options for shocks. She's a 2008 2.5 WRX Sti widetrack Hatchback
Hi Kevin,

Had the same dilemma a few years ago when the rears on my old blobeye sti widetrack starting knocking, subaru wanted 515 ex vat PER shock for the rears, went bc type br coilover route and never regretted it. I used the car as a daily also and never felt it was too harsh on the soft settings👍

You can get a kyb shock In a motor factors, be the same part , would be far better than going after market

Don't think Kyb do a widetrack shock or that that changed Baz?..had ultra sr in the wrx (non widetrack)but remember Charles having a issue getting replacements for the hawk sti..something to do with licence..🤷‍♂️..hence lots of lads going coilover route..

Last edited:
Ya I've been onto a motor factor's in cork and usually he's great but he said absolutely nothing coming up for it he tought it was bizarre not to have parts coming up or his suppliers not being able to get hold of them. It's looking fairly hard to be fair

Had this exact issue when getting the widetrack blob sti ready bc coils in it wanted proper suspension luckily Joe had a set of sti pink from a s204 there

Ah sorry I thought there might be something available, personally I would try davelegacy or Ali burrows to try get a better deal on the genuine shocks than buy coilovers

Rears were replaced in mine previously, yes dealer only and around €600 a side.
being inverted it is common for them to knock.

I’d go original or kyb replacements . There should be a few options available as This is a hatch so rears are completely different to 5x114 blob and hawk wide track models abs are available 👍.

Back