Front oxygen sensor

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
So lads, when replacing this...is OEM Subaru the only way or would ya trust the likes of Denso, Bosch etc
They're some feckin price

Denso makes them for Subaru on the newage stuff. Use parts souq and put your vin number in or send to me as once you have the one number put it into auto doc and you'll get all aftermarket numbers but go with denso

Yeah when i looked at the oxygen sensor when i replaced mine,looked at it again, went for a walk, came back, looked at it again. Still couldn't figure out why they cost 350euro.

I'm gonna chance one from olly first, just see the crack, if not, I'll send on what numbers I need Gordon and we'll go from there. Olly said he has one that recently passed a test so may as well try it πŸ˜†

Haha tis not that, I had one ordered from him as just trying to see will it get me under emissions, but it was returned to him today, I was gonna see could I get a new one instead but there isn't a hope to have it by Friday for the nct so just gonna stick with it for now, if it fails again, I'll order new depending on how the results compare to the previous nct with the CO levels πŸ˜† if they're pretty much the same...then it narrows it down to the cat

Yeah brilliant. Seen Blueprint and the likes but wouldnt bother. Olly said its a fairly fresh one not long changed so I'll chance it, see how we go πŸ‘πŸ‘

I Had this issue before, i ended up getting oem one from japan, was about €200 cheaper than the dealer, only thing was the wait from japan

Oh interesting, that is an option alright. I wouldn't mind waiting either, we'll see, for the sake of the few quid for the used one, if its an improvement, I'll order new as it'll just last.
Will go that route if there's that much of a difference and the used one will keep me going until then πŸ’ͺπŸ‘
BTW, great to see you joined up as a full member dude. We'll have to get you out on a club run πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

If your not in a panic or hurry for it probably best way to go, but yeah try the used one first and see how you get on, thanks man looking forward to it

Eoin you're off your head using a used one imo as you don't know if it's a known working one. As your car is a UK one just go to your local motor factors give em your reg and tell them you want price and availability on a denso one. It's still denso but not directly oe Subaru as any part not outside the dealer is spurious

I did, went into both places in town, both pulling up a blank, they're available online, only from UK, so i said after that I'd chance olly for one cause they'd only be delayed coming from UK with customs etc..but then it got sent back to olly lol
He offered a refund, I told him just to send it on again anyway at this stage. I've a spare lambda and rear sensor at home now too so you'd never know when your stuck for one like, changing a pipe and it rounds coming off or something. I'll get new alright πŸ‘

About 170-190 for a genuine denso plug and play sensors if I had known lads were buying secondhand ones I would have kept all the ones I changed 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 you have a secondhand 1 in there and now you have bought another 1 .

The genuine Subaru sensor comes in a Subaru box but the denso sensor is the same πŸ‘πŸ‘

Yeah that makes sense man. I was pricing the subaru ones... scoobyworld don't have but for hawk they're 280 sterling for genuine.
Think rcm are 320 sterling.
Mental money. Just priced Denso and yeah, your bang on. Less than 200 euro and its delivered πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I'll ask the local motor factors for that part number for the crack and see if they can get it. When asking for an oxygen sensor locally, they just say nothing available. Thanks Joe πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Back