Front mounted intercooler legacy.

JAYGT

Hi.
I hope that I'm in the right thread. But I'm looking for a fmi kit for a 3rd gen Subaru legacy gtb ej20 engine. I've tried everywhere online but it's all Impreza or Gc8 kits. Does anyone know of a good website or someone who has one for sale, or if one knows which suits from the Impreza.
Any help please 🙏

Not many available to be fair, ebay would be best hope. Awkward being twin turbo. I know there was a member who got intercooler piping made up custom for a HKS core he had. Can't remember where tho. Unless the likes of JDMdistro or something can get one.. Good luck with the search 👍😀

Cheers Eoinmack.
If I cannot find one that's probably the best route to go down getting custom pipes made up. Hopefully though I'll get something shop bought

PM jayo, he has custom piping on his legacy turbo and may have name of person that did it

I've found this setup on a NZ website. But its around €250 just for the piping.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-192537_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-192537_Chrome.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 4
I agree with Barry, only adds lag really unless you go for a turbo upgrade to make it worth while.
Twin TD04 anyone 😉

The intercooler itself on a B4 is very efficient. From what specs I've seen it's more efficient than the OEM intercooler on a newage WRX in terms of cooling.
Just food for thought...

A guy called jody o Neill done the intercooler, pipes and few other custom bits for the previous owner of the car before I bought it.

I contacted him when I bought the car to sort out the exhaust (he didn't do anything with it previously) as it was all over the place. He was too busy,didn't seem interested in taking on the work.

I think he had a hard time doing the intercooler setup on it.(it's running single turbo)

You could try him or possibly exhaustworkz (icetronix).they sorted out my exhaust and I was very happy with there work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-232115_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-232115_Instagram.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20210524-232128_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-232128_Instagram.jpg
    383 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20210524-232145_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-232145_Instagram.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 8
A guy called jody o Neill done the intercooler, pipes and few other custom bits for the previous owner of the car before I bought it.

I contacted him when I bought the car to sort out the exhaust (he didn't do anything with it previously) as it was all over the place. He was too busy,didn't seem interested in taking on the work.

I think he had a hard time doing the intercooler setup on it.(it's running single turbo)

You could try him or possibly exhaustworkz (icetronix).they sorted out my exhaust and I was very happy with there work.
Nice job Jayo, but by the sounds of it I don't think I'll get one done. It sounds like an awful amount of hassle. I'll probably just change the exhaust manifold and up pipe and down pipe to get me a nit more hp. If there not impossible to get either 🙄🙄

Back