From the Southwest

Fla

Hi all,

Joined here a while back but my work over the pandemic has been crazy so I got to do very little on the car front. Been a Subaru owner for 5 years now. First one was a petrol Legacy wagon. Loved the car but then I learned there was a fast version and I spent a year looking and got very lucky one Friday morning. I got a silver (not my fav colour) Legacy GT Twinscroll and haven't looked back since. I've decided to keep it stock but just to keep the maintenance going and put better parts like discs etc on it but I'm thinking if I ever do sell at least the next guy has a stock car to make his own.

With the way the car market is right now I cannot really think about any other cars but the holy grail would be a Legacy GT wagon 402, maybe when I retire!! Anyways, other cars of interest are my Mk1 Mx5 G Ltd, JDM Exceed Pajero and I have a disco for hauling things.

And while I am here I might as well ask, any thoughts on batteries for the Legacy? I put a good Yuasa into it and it only lasted 2 years due to not driving during the Lockdowns.

Thanks

Attachments

• Legacy_GT.jpg
    Legacy_GT.jpg
    669.9 KB · Views: 21
Welcome. Lots of Legacy owners on here. Where in the South West are you?
Varta batteries are hard to beat (y)

Welcome along 👍👍 very nice car . Hard to beat a standard stock car 👍👍 wagons are also great .
a 402 wagon would be class but there not cheap as I have being watching them for a while as an upgrade from the 401 . .
Welcome along 👍

Thanks guys. Ya I was looking at the Varta alright, I think I might have a power drain in the car, that or the alarm is thirsty as the battery never lasted when parked up. My own fault really but was what can you do. Im based in Kerry.

And ya those 402's are stunning. Realistically only a bit more power but I like the rarity factor but last time I checked they were 30k before import. Thats probably €400,000 now with the way things are going!!

Welcome along. A CTEK or similar maintenance type charger may work if you have a garage or an outdoor socket and off street parking.

Thanks guys. Ya I was looking at the Varta alright, I think I might have a power drain in the car, that or the alarm is thirsty as the battery never lasted when parked up. My own fault really but was what can you do. Im based in Kerry.

And ya those 402's are stunning. Realistically only a bit more power but I like the rarity factor but last time I checked they were 30k before import. Thats probably €400,000 now with the way things are going!!
A simple battery isolator is handy too. I get them in the local co-op store.

Welcome nice Legacy 👌

Varta/bosch both good in my experience if not driving for a while disconnect negitive and kuck it way shouldn't have a issue then in my experience

A simple battery isolator is handy too. I get them in the local co-op store.
Hi bud,

Ya I was thinking of one of these alright. I bought a high end IP65 charger/maintenance charger now that has a bring battery back from the dead function. Gonna try and get my battery back and then do something like this.

Out of interest is there any downside to these? Radio stuff doesn't bother me, I have no map just factory ECU so I don't think it can do any harm?

Hi bud,

Ya I was thinking of one of these alright. I bought a high end IP65 charger/maintenance charger now that has a bring battery back from the dead function. Gonna try and get my battery back and then do something like this.

Out of interest is there any downside to these? Radio stuff doesn't bother me, I have no map just factory ECU so I don't think it can do any harm?
Does no harm to my map anyway. Redialling in the bluetooth is all I have found! Can be a little more hesitant to start maybe.

Your very welcome, gt wagon look great, had a bl5 saloon version a few ago, great daily jammer, power and practicality, enjoy

That's one class looking wagon. I may be biased though as I love wagons. Reminds me of Super Gramps from Mighty Car mods 😍

Back