Free explosives with every plane ticket from Slovakia!

Scruff

Petrolheads
Slovakia apologises for explosives find
05/01/2010 - 17:43:11

It has been confirmed that a small quantity of high-grade explosives found today in a Dublin apartment originated in Slovakia and was smuggled into the country as part of a security exercise gone wrong.

The Slovakian government has apologised for the incident and a full investigation is underway.

A Slovakian man in his 40s was arrested but has since been released from custody after the high grade commercial explosives were found earlier today.

It is believed the explosives were planted in the Slovakian man's luggage as he returned home to Dublin last Saturday after the Christmas break.

Some 100g of what is known as RDX explosive - enough to down an airplane - went through the flight undetected.

Police traced the man to an apartment in Dorset St in Dublin city centre.

Adjoining properties had to be evacuated as army bomb experts ensured the device was stable. A statement from the Department of Justice said that Slovakian authorities had tipped off airport polic to the presence of the explosives.

"Following contact earlier today from the Slovakian authorities with the Airport Police at Dublin Airport, members of the Garda Síochána have recovered a small quantity of explosive material from the luggage of a passenger who had flown into Dublin from that country on Saturday last," the statement said.

"It has since been established that this material was concealed without his knowledge or consent in the passenger's luggage as part of an airport security exercise by the authorities in Slovakia.

"The Slovakian Minister for the Interior has conveyed to Justice Minister Dermot Ahern his Government's profound regret for this incident."

Minister Ahern has asked the Garda Commissioner for a full report on the matter. The Commissioner has informed him that he has appointed a Chief Superintendent to investigate fully the circumstances surrounding the incident.

That story is in fact quiet accurate. The passenger knew nothing of the explosives and it was indeed a security exercise gone wrong.

fook me ,
i was only over there a few days ago visting the girlfriends family ......
glad they didnt do it to me ,
id have sh!t a brick , or blown something up ......

and ive already been involved in one explosion too many last year .... dont quite need another one

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=20291.msg247099#msg247099 date=1262721908]

i was only over there a few days ago visting the girlfriends family ......

[/quote]

You can't tell us that you have a hot slovakian girlfriend without posting pictures. Come on, you know the rules, pics pics pics!! :icon_eyes:

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=20291.msg247083#msg247083 date=1262717296]

Some 100g of what is known as RDX explosive - enough to down an airplane - went through the flight undetected.

"The Slovakian Minister for the Interior has conveyed to Justice Minister Dermot Ahern his Government's profound regret for this incident."

[/quote]

This explosive is highly volitile when stored below -4deg C, (No detinator required) can you imagine the temperatures in the hold of the aircraft, its a miracle the plane wasnt blown up.

If it had blown up i bet that inocent man would be banged up for life and branded as an extreemist. seriously doubt if the slovak govm would have held there hands up

Temp would never get that low in the cargo hold as they are "heated" with air recycled from the pax cabin.

surly thats a serious fook up on the airports behalf, having not bein to slovakia i prosume the security isnt the same as it would be here or in uk,

sayin that would the security measures here have picked it up??

And I don't think the guy with the explosives would have served any time if he was on a plane that exploded :1poke:

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=20291.msg247148#msg247148 date=1262727975]
And I don't think the guy with the explosives would have served any time if he was on a plane that exploded :1poke:
[/quote]

Oh yea :icon_redface: ops i'm a silly bo11ox tonight. Ah well you catch my drift :icon_nana:

That's crazy how they were not detected. Surly the equipment that airports have are made to detect the explosives more than a detonator? Imagine if it was a terrorist and it had a detonator, and he managed to get through????

If you've ever seen the Mc Entyre investigates programme about airport security you would understand how this sh1t happens.Basically you have a group of disinterested muppets in a portacabin looking at screens of all the baggage on the conveyor belts, either on their way to or from aircraft. They are supposed to study each image and then press a button if all is ok. The so called screeners are just sitting there pressing the button while Reading a pron mag and not even bothering looking at the screen. This investigation was conducted shortly after 911!

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=20291.msg247196#msg247196 date=1262732462]
If you've ever seen the Mc Entyre investigates programme about airport security you would understand how this sh1t happens.Basically you have a group of disinterested muppets in a portacabin looking at screens of all the baggage on the conveyor belts, either on their way to or from aircraft. They are supposed to study each image and then press a button if all is ok. The so called screeners are just sitting there pressing the button while Reading a pron mag and not even bothering looking at the screen. This investigation was conducted shortly after 911!
[/quote]

That's mental. Complete disregard for life doing something like that. Something gets by and your practically gave the passengers a death sentence yourself :eek7:

The major airport in Bratislava , is nothing but a shack next to a runway ....
and the people that work there , well lets say they are less than honest ....
herself , having traveled through there many a time , warned me about leaving any valuables in my baggage that was going in the hold of the plane .... as the guys like to have a quick rifle through them before they are put on the belts ....

they seem to more concerned about stealing stuff from the bags , than with checking for viable explosive devices

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=20291.msg247103#msg247103 date=1262722191]
You can't tell us that you have a hot slovakian girlfriend without posting pictures. Come on, you know the rules, pics pics pics!! :icon_eyes:
[/quote]

Oh and thats a bit of a conclusion to jump to , as soon as you hear she's Slovakian , you instantly assume she's hot .....

well she is , smoking hot actually .... i might post a picture tomorrow , if ye are all good boys

Tissues at the ready!!!!

She had better be the underwear model I have imagined her to be. If not,ur in trouble.

Back