found a wallet full of cash with credit cards and owners address

what would you do ??

• Total voters

gretts

Petrolheads
lads saw this poll on another site and had 4 pages of comments and thought it was an interesting poll so i thought i'd nick it and stick it up here to see the responce..

Imagine it was your own wallet at this time of year....

Now imagine you lost your job (like so many others).
Now imagine your only just getting by from day to day, you went to your local provinent loan provider and took a loan to cover christmas
Now imagine you lost your wallet somewhere

How do you feel?

Do you really have an option of what you would do?

:shhh:

I have found two wallets in the last few years and both were full of cash and cards. I was able to contact both owners and when I went to meet them I have never seen so little gratitude. I don't mean I was expecting anything in return, it was just that I barely even got a thank you. More like a grunt and a begrudging thank you. It would make me think the next time, but more than likely it would be handed back.

i found a wallet in a car park once and looks like someone drop it out of their pocket when they got into car, abou 1500-2000 euro in it address was local so i knocked in and returned it. He was goin to give me 200 euro for helping him out, i couldn't take it. your man was a carpenter so in return he fitted my recent purchased floors for me for free. Its all about karma lads. Imagine it happened to you.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=19942.msg243168#msg243168 date=1261147471]
i found a wallet in a car park once and looks like someone drop it out of their pocket when they got into car, abou 1500-2000 euro in it address was local so i knocked in and returned it. He was goin to give me 200 euro for helping him out, i couldn't take it. your man was a carpenter so in return he fitted my recent purchased floors for me for free. Its all about karma lads. Imagine it happened to you.
[/quote]

That's deadly, what goes around comes around :clap:

lost my own wallet in swords on a night out a while back....
someone posted in the aib bank drawer on main street and all that was missing was the cash...few hundred sterling and few hundred euro!!!
was really glad to get my license,credit cards and other cards back!!
i would hand it into garda station!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wouldnt put it near the Garda Station if found money in it!!!! :naughty: :naughty:

Id deffo drop out to the house!!!

Again karma...what goes round......etc etc

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=19942.msg243172#msg243172 date=1261148296]
[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=19942.msg243168#msg243168 date=1261147471]
[/quote]

That's deadly, what goes around comes around :clap:
[/quote]

+1 :thumbsup: Do good sh1t,good sh1t happens.Karma is not only a button on the side of the page nor does it matter what the response of the grateful/ungrateful victim is.

have a read , and pay it forward ..
do one act of random kindness , true story below

It started with one mystery couple in a Philadelphia diner. Without leaving their name or number, they paid for not only their food, but a random stranger’s breakfast. This set off a chain reaction of generosity.

The manager on duty, Linda (who asked that I not mention her last name here, for reasons I can’t get into but let’s just say everything worked out okay…), tells me that a couple in their 30s paid their check at the register, then asked the cashier to let them secretly pay the check of another couple in the dining room – a couple they didn’t know.

“They just wanted to do it,” she said. “They thought it would be a nice thing to do.”

When the unsuspecting patrons went to pay their check, they were floored to find out that strangers had picked up their tab. So they asked the cashier to let them pay another table’s check, also anonymously.

When that table’s patrons approached the register, they, too, decided to pay the favor forward for yet another table of unsuspecting strangers.

You know where this is going, right?

For two hours, delighted customer after delighted customer continued to pay the favor forward. And a buzz began to grow. Not among patrons, who had no inkling what was going down at the register, but among the dining-room wait staff – Marvin, Rosie, Jasmine and Lynn – and other Aramingo workers moving in and out of the room.

“We were amazed,” says Linda, adding that neither she nor her staffers that day recognized any of the participating patrons as regulars. “Nobody knew each other. But once they found out someone paid their check, they got excited and wanted to do the same thing for another table.”
Link

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=19942.msg243189#msg243189 date=1261160517]
was there a bowl of keys on the sitting room table????
:tongue:
[/quote]

:lolpoint: :lolpoint:

Defo wouldnt hand it into a garda station thats for sure!

Track down the owner I would, what goes around comes around.

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=19942.msg243185#msg243185 date=1261159806]
have a read , and pay it forward ..
do one act of random kindness , true story below

It started with one mystery couple in a Philadelphia diner. Without leaving their name or number, they paid for not only their food, but a random stranger’s breakfast. This set off a chain reaction of generosity.

The manager on duty, Linda (who asked that I not mention her last name here, for reasons I can’t get into but let’s just say everything worked out okay…), tells me that a couple in their 30s paid their check at the register, then asked the cashier to let them secretly pay the check of another couple in the dining room – a couple they didn’t know.

“They just wanted to do it,” she said. “They thought it would be a nice thing to do.”

When the unsuspecting patrons went to pay their check, they were floored to find out that strangers had picked up their tab. So they asked the cashier to let them pay another table’s check, also anonymously.

When that table’s patrons approached the register, they, too, decided to pay the favor forward for yet another table of unsuspecting strangers.

You know where this is going, right?

For two hours, delighted customer after delighted customer continued to pay the favor forward. And a buzz began to grow. Not among patrons, who had no inkling what was going down at the register, but among the dining-room wait staff – Marvin, Rosie, Jasmine and Lynn – and other Aramingo workers moving in and out of the room.

“We were amazed,” says Linda, adding that neither she nor her staffers that day recognized any of the participating patrons as regulars. “Nobody knew each other. But once they found out someone paid their check, they got excited and wanted to do the same thing for another table.”
Link
[/quote]

How about going and paying for a meal for a homeless person someone who needs it...what a load fo b0llox.

Would hand in the wallet witout doubt, have lost mine before and its a nightmare getting your sh!t back in order

Back