Football - who's your team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
man utd all the way, 5-0 thrashing of fulham what a way to start a season, instead of getting a dubious penalty, 1 'get out of jail free card 'used by the pool already

Morgan

Mate the season is 10 months long , it's a marathon not a sprint. We'll be there at the end don't you worry. There will be a lot of teams doing a Sonia O'Sullivan --( shitting themselves at the end )--

Chelsea :headbanger:
chelsea.jpg

Celtic followed by Man U for me.

Hopefully will just have enough to win Scottish League, don't like our chances of getting out of champion's league
group stages. Summer buys not up to that standard.

As for Man Utd might have scored 5 at weekend but can't see who is going to replace Van Nistleroy's 20+ goals this year.

Eamonn

i also forgot fulham got a DEFLECTED goal, so correction 5-1 b4 anyone else says it (prob a pool fan), as for goal scorers eamonn, we will spread the goals arounnd instead of just one player :pray:. plus Ole is back he's good for 15 or so

Morgan

plus saha is a decent player just needs the chance to prove himself and he will work hard for the team unlike nistelroy who just stood there till someone passed the ball. i think were better off without him. we have enough goalscorers on the team between the midfield and attack

[quote author=JohnnyB link=topic=197.msg1311#msg1311 date=1156149353]
Chelsea :headbanger:
[/quote]

hmmmm, a chelsea fan???? Hey Johnny did you hear about what Jamie Carragher's brother and John Terry's mother got up to at the world cup in Germany. Pretty x-rated stuff by all accounts!! The Liverpool fans knew about it in Cardiff 2 weeks ago anyway :D :clap:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Another ManU fan . I think we're better off without Ruud . We've Saha & Rooney ( if he doesn't get suspended :D ) plus Ole & Smith are back from injury . Then there's Rossi who's been scoring lots of goals for the reserves & U21's . And as others have said our midfield are well capable of scoring - what about that scorcher Scholes' hit on Sunday that hit the post .

I think Liverpool will be stronger this season but Arsenal will drop back & it will be a 3 horse race between Chelsea , ManU & the Pool .

3-0 saha and the baby faced assasin scores ( ole) sing along lads, .............were on the road again............. lol

Morgan

PS AND CHELSEA LOST WHATA GREAT DAY, NEVER MIND THE RAIN IN CHARLTON

yeah 3-0 win for us and 2-1 loss for chelsea what a GREAT DAY. who's van nistelrooy??????

Lads, what do you all think of Keano managing Sunderland? Absolute legend on the pitch but do you reckon he'll have what it takes in the dugout? :ponder:

Id say hes picked up more than a thing or two from Fergie along the way..

Big sea change for Keane to go from slagging off Quinn (didn't he call him Mother Teresa) to now working for him. Will be interesting to see how they get on.
As for his prospects as a manager, apparently he's a changed man in the last year or two so that might help. He'll need to be a bit calmer in general to have any success I'd say.

Keane has worked under Clough and Fergie, so... he might have picked up a thing or two along the way. Good luck to him, he'll need it, Sunderland have had an apalling start to the season :lol:

Well lads some draw in the CL with Man utd v's Celtic, divided loyalties here.

You would imagine Manu will be much stronger on the 13th been at home
but i would'nt bet against Celtic getting a good result at Parkhead.

I think the players Celtic have bought over the summer are not european standard
but we'll wait and see what impact the big Dutchman will have.

Eamonn

ya eamo divided at the mo, it will be like a testimonial but higher stakes lol will be 2 good games with great fans on both sides

Morgan

Yeah Morgan, should be 2 decent games, if the atmosphere is anything like for Kene's testimonial
then it'll be a cracker.

we are formulating plans at the moment to get over to Celtic Park on the 21st November.
Should know more in the next few days.

Eamonn

Weekly magazine Nuts commissioned the poll to try and find out who the country's football fans considered their second favourite club behind their own team.
The Premiership Popularity Table in full.

1. Liverpool: 15%
2. West Ham: 10%
3. Wigan: 9%
4. Newcastle: 8.5%
5. Tottenham Hotspur: 7%
6. Bolton: 7%
7. Charlton: 6%
8. Manchester United: 6%
9. Portsmouth: 5%
10. Manchester City: 4%
11. Watford: 3.5%
12. Reading: 3.5%
13. Everton: 3%
14. Fulham: 3%
15. Blackburn 3%
16. Sheffield United: 2.5%
17. Middlesbrough: 2.5%
18. Chelsea: 2%
19. Arsenal: 1.5%
20. Aston Villa: 1%

[quote author=eamo link=topic=197.msg1696#msg1696 date=1156597040]
we are formulating plans at the moment to get over to Celtic Park on the 21st November.
Should know more in the next few days.

Eamonn
[/quote]

Did you get something organised Eamonn? We've booked our trip, 5 of us heading to Liverpool vs PSV on 22nd November. Flights and accomodation working out fairly cheap - just hope for tickets to come through now!!

Back