Fixing air-con quote ripoff or good price

By the time you factor in duty taxes , waiting for delivery, a work shops time and a mans wages it seems a bargain to me .

Are they 100% sure? I got the same spiel before but turns out there was a pinhole in my pipe so the gas was leaking out. I got a new pipe from a breaker.

Are they 100% sure? I got the same spiel before but turns out there was a pinhole in my pipe so the gas was leaking out. I got a new pipe from a breaker.
Yer man seemed to know what he was doing - went around with light looking for signs of oil leaks - assured me he could see entire lines and didn't see any leaks except in the radiator part - any way I did the job today and when old radiator was out he showed me all the oil spots on it caused by leaks... they glowed green when he put light on them - was about 5 areas on it, centre and corners. They had an awful job getting out the two hex bolts which hold the rad to frame - had to cut them out... seems they were glued and also rusted down. Refilled then with their proper machines. Took about 3 hours for them to do job. Seems to be working well now. Hopefully will stay pressurised this time. One year guarantee too he said.

Yer man seemed to know what he was doing - went around with light looking for signs of oil leaks - assured me he could see entire lines and didn't see any leaks except in the radiator part - any way I did the job today and when old radiator was out he showed me all the oil spots on it caused by leaks... they glowed green when he put light on them - was about 5 areas on it, centre and corners. They had an awful job getting out the two hex bolts which hold the rad to frame - had to cut them out... seems they were glued and also rusted down. Refilled then with their proper machines. Took about 3 hours for them to do job. Seems to be working well now. Hopefully will stay pressurised this time. One year guarantee too he said.
Glad you got sorted

Here's a picture I took of the old one before it was left there... the black stain in middle is one of the leaks he said. Anyway it can be seen how much of a mess this original one was in.

BTW he also said these things are pressurised to 15 BAR normally. That's as lot alright.

IMG_9946(1).JPG

Money was not bad at all for the parts and work that was done... and sorted now so that's great.

Back