First time insurance

best advice is ring them all👍 As all quotations are different 👍👍
My problem is my ncb is on my 2 commercial vehicles and I'm getting ncb as named driver off my wife's policy, its not ideal but .. iv been quoted 1600 at 42yrs old clean everything

As Joe said: try them all... it's different all the time, even with the same driver details, between companies... and wildly different between drivers even if they have similar ncb and age.

In your case, as it is a bit more "bespoke" (X years ncb on commercial vehicles and Y years as a named driver), it really will take a bit of leg work - and could pay real dividends going through the effort. Other than the usual big companies... a lot of the time you need to find a good broker who will go to bat for you (sometimes with even the same big companies and often get you a better deal and direct). Brokers also have a certain amount of flexibility when it comes to they are willing to accept (like perhaps part of your commercial ncb). As a rule btw, all named driving ncb time counts at 50%.

Ps over the years I've had the STI insured direct with AXA, indirect with AXA via AA, and the past years I've had trade insurance so no longer need to worry about individual cars as it is just a flat fee. One thing to also ask for is if a fleet policy might yield you a reasonable deal (the 2 commercials and the STI). Good luck.

I was in a similar position due to company vehicle and my personal policy was a vintage one so hence I had no NCB.

First policy was XS Direct through FBD.
Second was Octane ( who I believe are under AXA ) through Britton.

Commercial insurance not carring over is a joke . You start off like a learner driver which is stupid in the same country with Probley the same insurance company

I’ve got my95 insured with Abbeyautoline, I think they are in Belfast and I’m in Wexford so obviously north south isn’t an issue, it’s a classic policy I’m not sure what age you or your car is but they are definitely worth a call I was getting quotes for 1200-1800 @36 years old with full clean license and I think they done it for 3 or 400 max

Must be over 20 years old for autoline to insure it as a classic and I think they changed that to 25 yrs recently, autoline don't cover daily car insurance in the south only classic, they are very good in fairness I've been with them on a few classic cars,

I found allianz the best on a daily blobeye sti particularly if your in your 40,s like me

Back