first irish wrx

S

swagon

can any one tell me which model was the first wrx on the irish market. i am thinking of buying a irish impreza 98-00 not a jap import and some of the adds say they are a  irish car but also wrx. i thought the bug eye was the first wrx on the irish market. thanks

[quote author=swagon link=topic=3566.msg35723#msg35723 date=1189168341]
can any one tell me which model was the first wrx on the irish market. i am thinking of buying a irish impreza 98-00 not a jap import and some of the adds say they are a irish car but also wrx. i thought the bug eye was the first wrx on the irish market. thanks
[/quote]
As far as I know the 01 bug eye was the first Impreza to be sold in Ireland badged as a WRX. There was loads of cars imported from japland and they were classic shape WRX's but Ireland never had an official WRX till the bug eye as far as I know. Now, if you were to take the 22B, its official name is Subaru Impreza WRX Sti 22B and that was sold here officially in 98.

The First Turbo Impreza's that where sold in Ireland where in 1997..208bhp...then the 98/00 turbo...215bhp.......then the bug eye which was classed as a wrx....all pre 97's as far as i know are imports.

Back