First drive in my sti

DaveSleggy

So drove the new motor for over a hour after i bought it today, and basically i now know what fast is, i thought i knew but that was all slow fast ha. 2001 stock sti with octane booster and its pretty much the most vicious power delivery iv had. And i love it.

Lovely and easy to just plod along in with that beautiful soundtrack burble but then foot down madness. I can see myself spending wayyy to much time(and money) in the petrol station but you cannot beat knowing that is under your right foot.

Attachments

• sti.jpg
    sti.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 115
  • sti2.jpg
    sti2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 113
Yeeee ewe haw

You've just been bitten by the Flat4 bug ????????

Well wear ????????

Looks great

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Still miss that car to this day. Had it about 6 years and never gave a days trouble. Hope you enjoy it :)

Did this stay in dublin. Wouldnt mind seeing it again

Thanks guys I look forward to a long and prosperous scooby driving carreer with yous! Don't know what I was thinking driving anything else ha

And Chris yeah still in dublin you're more than welcome to see any time

good luck with the new bug dave.
Its a really nice car in the best color too ;)
And don't worry about money - you cant put a price
tag to a big smile.
Enjoy!

Thanks lads, drove it in to work this morning, just malahide to the airport but its just such a nice place to be. I was wondering how it would be starting from freezing with misty windows and a freezing cab. But it actually comes up to temp faster than the 2005 saab aero i have, which was a lovely surprise.

Next on the list is a set of Bridgestone potenza s001 220/35/18 as the shoulder on the front left is balding.

Then il look into getting her mapped for irish muck fuel. Iv spoken to joe power already and iv heard nothing but good things about aunghus out west.

Thanks guys I look forward to a long and prosperous scooby driving carreer with yous! Don't know what I was thinking driving anything else ha

And Chris yeah still in dublin you're more than welcome to see any time

Cheers I'll take you up on that. What part of Dublin you in. I'm based in clontarf.

Joe power and Aaonghus are both top of their game in Ireland. Out of handiness I would probably pick joe power as he's based in Dublin incase you want to tweak anything. Aaonghus always has a huge waiting list.

Expensive car to run but well worth it. Great everyday cruising car and great back road car too

Cheers I'll take you up on that. What part of Dublin you in. I'm based in clontarf.

Joe power and Aaonghus are both top of their game in Ireland. Out of handiness I would probably pick joe power as he's based in Dublin incase you want to tweak anything. Aaonghus always has a huge waiting list.

Expensive car to run but well worth it. Great everyday cruising car and great back road car too

Yeah would like to get it done on the dyno to see what shes pushing out but might be waiting a while on that! so might get joe to do it.

Im out in malahide now. and yeah i used a fair amount of juice getting to know it last night ha!

Joe did mine twice dave used colture old dyno first (now with Ahongus )

And used a axel type second time somewhere in Tipp I think

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

beauty!! :clap:
id defo recommend joe power. he did my fozzy (and my tdi golf). he's a total whizz.

Last edited:
yeah ciraran only think is im not sure if he has a dyno anymore which might not be ideal...

And thanks neelie i do think shes a pretty one ;)

Back