Failte

WHY BUSTED ENGINE???
Simple really. I am going to go for forged bottom end overbore engine running on E85, the plan is to get to app 400 hp and 400 lb torque, figured it will be cheaper to buy something with blown engine and start from there since I need to change much anyway, alternatively I will get tuned sti form japan and just change fuel system.
why E85? very detonation resistant fuel, the price is ok, seems it can get more popular in future and finally I am tree hugger:)

Welcome along lad, Interesting project idea ya have.

Best of luck with it :thumbsup:

:)
love my project, kind of settled nicely in my head, and because my lady gets FTO she does not complain that much, now I mean, since she has no clue how much cash and time is going to be involved:)
At the moment I am researching all the aspects of set up, since it is going to be a road car the drivability is important, it might not be as fast as the car with the same power figures, but on a winding road this will be a killer, there aren't many highways in Ireland, and defo not in Mayo!
I have a clear idea what the car is going to be like, now it is the time to get proper set up.
the ECU and remap will be crucial, oh.. if only I knew more about it! I am ok with spanner, but the electronics is what scares me.... :hammerhead:
Anyway noticed there are few competent people on this forum so I will be ok :icon_hang:

well fella, i may stand corrected in my views on E85 systems.......
I will watch your project thread with great interest

Best of luck my good man.......

Thanks again everyone.
Yeah, FTO are nice cars, but now I want something more capable:)
Anyway imagine RWD FTO with 300 or 500 hp (like in 4G63T). I would like it better than RX 7. And all here would have wet dreams about such car:) Shame it is FWD.
Thanks for all good wishes and I will see you all, first on technical forum and some day on some event:)
cheers

Back