Exhaust upgrade

nialldempsey555

ISDC Club Member
Hi everyone,

Just looking for advice regarding upgrading my 05 1.6 ts Impreza exhaust. Currently everything on the car is completely stock. My goal is to bring out the Scoobie rumble while keeping the car NCT friendly so I’ve been talking to a few people about what’s best so I said I’d get a few more opinions/options here. Best plan seems to be to source a WRX manifold and get that adjusted to fit a catback exhaust. Obviously no turbo in my car so some work will have to be done around the manifold to get it all connected. Any advice or recommendations I’ll gladly accept as I want to make sure the job is done correctly and that it won’t cost me more than it should. Cheers,
Niall. 2291A929-D4E3-4EF2-8A64-6A03E1F82DAE.jpeg

the standard WRX manifold is cast and doesn't like to be welded, very subject to cracking etc.

I have a stainless BIJP WRX manifold on my 2 liter non turbo. Custom catted stainless mid section (where the upipe turbo and downpipe would usually be on a wrx) and a BIJP 3 inch catback.
I chose the BIJP manifold because it didn't need any modifications at all because of how the upipe bolts on. I just had to modify the upipe to point out the back of the car rather than up to a turbo.

Car passed 2 NCT's no problem.

IMG_20230121_164740.jpg

You'll need an Unequal manifold to make it rumble, the BIJP one isn't crazy unequal so it's not as rumbly as a turbo. There's others out there but will need to modify the manifold itself then because the collector is usually already pointing up the way for a turbo

I have a cat back system here niall you can have FOC. It has a Ninja 2 back box that scoobyworld sold befoe they changed to Afterburner. Great noise from it. 2.5 inch pipe to mate up with standard downpipe.

👍
Real classy touch Kieran 👌 👏
That's what the club is all about💪💪💪

Followed this car on a run before.....serious sound/noise from it

Sorry for the late reply lads only seeing these now. Unbelievable gesture Kieran I’ll gladly accept that but no way am I not giving you a few bob for it. Cheers for the advice as well Matthew, main reason I posted as I didn’t want headaches down the line. Delighted with that now thanks again everyone 😁

there is 2 types of manifolds, one is short and very similar to a wrx manifold.

and the other is in that link above there, make sure you check which one you have and make a plan which one to use before buying one.

that one linked won't be super Subaru rumbly either as it's not very unequal

Back