evo 6 ????

azerp

Sunday Drivers
hey all friend of mine collected his evo 6 today,quick car dont like the power delivery compared to the impreza. while talking we got on to the topic of fuel he said he was given advice from a reliable source not to use octane booster and it is safe to use normal fuel, i know there different cars, but my question is if both where designed to run on 102 ron why is one safer than the other, or is it another evo driver myth

Evo have a more adaptable ECU. No need to map them unless you do big mods and want the best out of them.

Was talkin to Bob Rawle the other day when he was tweak mapping my leggy and said that the evo 7 to 8 were soft engines and had too small a turbo,he was sayin the evo9 was a stronger engine and would be the best one to go for,not my opinion just passing on what was said to me so i'm running for cover in case theres a backlash  :lol: :lol: (doubt it tho since its an evo  :lol: )

Rob back me up here!!

[quote author=B4_RSK link=topic=13036.msg160050#msg160050 date=1235440964]
Was talkin to Bob Rawle the other day when he was tweak mapping my leggy and said that the evo 7 to 8 were soft engines and had too small a turbo,he was sayin the evo9 was a stronger engine and would be the best one to go for,not my opinion just passing on what was said to me so i'm running for cover in case theres a backlash :lol: :lol: (doubt it tho since its an evo :lol: )

Rob back me up here!!
[/quote]

Decat, Fuel pump and induction and you will see near 400 on a evo 9...

i had an evo 6 when i sold my last type-r impreza before coming back to subaru......was a good car but wudn have one over my scooby ,d scoobys power is alot more agressive than the evo :icon_twisted:

.............evo had a mines ecu which cudn be mapped and i put 2 caps of pro-boost into every tank in the evo and never had probs!

Used 6 caps of pro-boost to every tank in the 6 i used to have-never any probs-one of the toughest turbo engines out there-but as above more linear power delivery than a subaru.

it is 100 ron in jap but it transfers to 102 because of sea level and air density over here it equals to 102. yeah dont like the power delivery as much,but the reliabilty has me thinking hate treading on egg shells with the subaru

the engines mite be shake more reliable, but diffs, transfer box and gear box counter act that big time, they are soft enuff, standard cams are shite compared to sti, cost of serviceing is more expensive and more frequent, manufactures recomendation i beleive on a 6 is 3,000 miles and that includes change of yaw control fluid or something, cost of labour for fitting a clutch is a lot more, and cost of aluminuim panels and bumpers are lot more, especially with 5s up. i priced a standard clutch foran evo 8 before and i think it was 1500 euro from mitsu. and thats without labour. oh and lambas are prone to going and think they 300e

My brother has put far more into his EvoVII they I have in any of my STi's all together just to keep her right.

It always seems to be getting something changed or fixed and his is pritty much standard apart from fuel pump, down pipe and exchauste.

i love the look of the white evo 6, they are so aggresive looking, but that stupid looking gear stick and gator wrecks my head, could they not come up with anything better and the gear shift is a bit sloppy aswell

Lad i know has an Evo 4. Its a 97 and the big end just went on it running 330bhp and about 2 years ago another bloke had an evo 4 and the big end went. So sounds to me like they arent anymore reliable than a Subaru. Plus you dont have the flat 4 rumble so why buy one?

evo 4 suffered a lot from crank walk.i have an evo 5 nearly 4 years now,never used proboost in it and never got bother from it.expensive car to run though

Back