Engine rebuild??

DUFFMAN

Member Number 25Full ISDC Members 2015
ISDC Club Member
What's everyone's opinion on rebuilds

A friend has to rebuild soon and is looking at options after bottom end knock on a jap sti 2.oL.

Crate motor??

Standard parts rebuild??

Forged??

Forged 2.1L stroker??

Etc

Is going to Ali burrows still the best option or is there others recommended??

What's everyone's opinions on it nowadays??

Thanks johnny

Johnny as the lads said above 👍🏻

I got the newer bottom end, (semi closed) from ICP in Uk, less vat price due to Borris 😉🥰

Heads done and rebuilt myself.

I had a man to collect and still do if anyone wants his number. (I was too sick to travel…)

300 euro to the north. Fill in the blanks….

I won’t mention any other names mentioned as I’m not one to sh1t on the motor trade.

But…. Even buying better parts alone was 200% cheaper!

I got my EJ207 short block done recently with a 2.1 stroker kit, closed deck block conversion, forged internals (rated for 600bhp) with a set of Spec C heads(ported and polished). All work was done by Paul Wray Motorsport in Derry. All information about the parts used for that in my build thread.

Best bang for the buck imho is to get a built motor from Poland - a few companies do it with warranty and it works out cheaper depending on your spec. Also, Roger Clarke Motors would do the same and if there is a way to get it up North and bring it back, works out cheaper etc. It's easier to get that done that way and then bolt your head cylinders on etc. Sell the current bottom end to recoup some of the money back. And also, it's an all new setup then which avoids some of the hassles.

Back