EJ207 Co2 emissions for vrt office

As stated by other members,

Nox on petrol is €600 max.
Tax pre 2008 is based on engine size(old tax system)

I have registered a few fresh jap imports this year, picture of my 2006 Toyota crown registered in April or May this year so you can check the tax rate yourself if you don't believe what has been said a number of times already.

Best of luck with the new car

Attachments

• 20210601_214919.jpg
    20210601_214919.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 1
I paid 600 nox on top of vrt last year on a 2.0l hawk that's the max co2 they can charge I haven't heard of anyone paying any more than that if it helps but it's on route so what ever it is it is. I didn't know myself but had an idea just have to lump it if you want the reg pain in the face

You're reading too much in to it. All that legislation is for NEDC and WLTP cars from class 5 (possibly 4) and above.

You won't be paying 2008 co2 based tax, unless the car you're importing was NEVER registered in the country it's being exported from.

You've two timeline points. First registration and first registration in Ireland.

As much as we give out about revenue, at least we're able to import and register such cars. Whole different kettle of fish if you're in Oz or in majority of states in the US where they have age limitations on imports.

Even without registration, a car falls in to a certain category based on production dates. They can't charge you Hatch levels of motor tax on a 1999 saloon, as they've completely different production dates and emissions classes.

Wow you are reading far too much into this. Listen to the experience of others, that's why you posted in the first place correct? For advice on the matter.

Back