Ecu on legacy,

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
Where do i find the ecu on the leggy??? Is it hard too see or has it too be on a lift??

Also Where would you find the lever too move the cable n the exhaust silenser????

The ECU is in the passenger footwell, lift the carpet and unscrew a metal plate that is there to protect it.

Not sure what your on about with the exhaust?? Do you have a backbox with a silencer flap on it?

not 100 % sure but on the classic ecu is located under carpet on front passenger side :subaru:

as for silencer :dontknow:

Awh i see, Cheers robbie, Just never seen it so would like a look,

No it dont have one but i was investigating a wire i saw a little low at back of car and its definately a wire for a silencer, but the car doesn't have one, So i'm Presuming there was a straight through on my car at some stage with a back box silencer. Just want too see where exactly the control lever is for it and if any one else has one where would the likely place be for it.

So i thought i might as well see if its the standard ECU in the car due too there being a induction kit, Straight through, So and so :thumbsup:

Quick in there robbie
Thanks

Fastest fingers in the west boy!! :geek: :geek:

The only aftermarket ECU i've come across is the mine's one. Mark (B4-RSK) has one in his car if its any use, you could look at his to compare if yours isnt standard

Don't know anything about the silencers unfortunately, havent come across them before, only heard about them.

Ok, This car keeps on surprising me, Its a zero Sports Ecu in the car............ Can this be tunned too save over a full map, Are they any good, Allot of zero Sports stuff on my car, May not sell it :lol:
Can anyone give me a little more advice on this???
Thanks Robbie :thumbsup:

If dave, Renno, Nick, Or anyone that may have an idea about the Zero Sports Ecu could let me know about it, If it can be tweaked or if anything can be done with it. Even if its standard tooo this car. It would be vey much appreciated. Just said these names as i know they all do Mapping, Sorry if i left anyone out.

Hey Golden John , sounds like your
car came with a few goodies. :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

Take a look at the traders section, give any of the lads you mentioned above, a ring
and they'll sort you out

Niall.

Ya, rang subaru garage there and they just said the same thing, But they aint got a clue where the control for it is. :lol: I dont mind if i dont know, But its one of those thing that will just niggle away at me. :lol:

Found this. Mightnt be a manual flap

"You will notice from the dyno chart posted by Brett yesterday that
the before and after EcuTek modifications were carried out on an
independent non-MRT dyno and that the testing was carried out in 4th
gear. The key points are that the EcuTek delivered more torque at
the bottom end and some 16 KW improvement at the top end.

Some of this has to do with the new EcuTek software making the
electronic control flap on the B4 muffler responds better to the new
engine mapping requirements. So there is no immediate need to rush
out and buy a new exhaust system – although Brett does concede that
a turbo back exhaust upgrade is the most desirable thing to happen
after the EcuTek "

And also this from here http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_543...iberty-is-better-than-all-B4/newsarticle.html

Exhaust

An electronically controlled muffler is used for reducing exhaust flow resistance at mid and high speeds, while maintaining noise damping ability at low speeds.

The exhaust pipe is divided into two immediately before the muffler. One of these pipes is equipped with a control valve. Depending on signals from the ECM, a controller opens and closes the control valve through an actuator and a cable.

theres a panel in the boot on the left .. i had to disconnect it when i installed the nur spec .. its on a solenoid and half cam ..

[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=13345.msg165042#msg165042 date=1236262786]
Cheers damo, Any luck with tony's bro???
[/quote]
not a sausage .just insured the leggy again today so i,ll give it two more weeks and if theres no cash buyer i,ll keep her . the girlfriend will just have to get used of letting the car warm up :lol:

i found one of these cables on my car and untill now had no clue what it was for, its now concealed in the boot where it cant be got at.

Manual levers for the silencers are usually around the drivers seat! :thumbsup:

Must check my own car out and see can i find anything. :thumbsup:

Searched Last night, And i mean searched,?? Not a clue :lol:
The cable disapears behing the wing From there on :dontknow:
Goin too try and get a serial number up for the ECU around lunch.

Back