E10 fuel / 97 Octane

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
What??? Just see this at Applegreen. I knew I seen it somewhere before. As far as I knew, there was only 95 in Ireland. This pump is applegreen plus, there was normal "95 octane" fuel in the pump beside it also E10
But both 95 and 97 octane offered here...both E10 fuel. So I'm confused as fu*k. Someone tell me 🤣IMG-20230506-WA0020.jpg

Be interesting to do a back to back at AP and see can add some ignition timing compared to the 95

Thats the thing tho @scoobysub
They had two pumps, both of them E10, one of them 95 octane, the other 97 octane. I would like to see can aonghus get any extra from the "97"
Would be very interesting..either that, or its a gimmick lol

Be interesting to do a back to back at AP and see can add some ignition timing compared to the 95
Only have to wait till 2nd June to know. On E5 95 Ron my setup made 400bhp/400 ft lb torque. I'll be back then with E10 95 Ron to tweak that and another map with the meth added too. I'll report back 👍

Last edited:
Thats the thing tho @scoobysub
They had two pumps, both of them E10, one of them 95 octane, the other 97 octane. I would like to see can aonghus get any extra from the "97"
Would be very interesting..either that, or its a gimmick lol
That's false advertising btw. It's only 95 Ron with E10 we have everywhere.

Just to add to this, stopped in applegreen charleville last night, they had their premium with 97ron branded on the pump also, but was E5 premium 97. Scamming everyone or they've actually raised the premium I wonder knowing that everyone is aware that there's sod all difference otherwise so no one will fork out for the higher stuff. This sucker fell for it anyway even though I know its pointless as I'm mapped for 95.

Back