dyno results

johnb4

Middle Lane Hogs
i got my bl5 04 legacy onto the rollers today and i am not to happy :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:
as far as i am aware they should have 280bhp standard (please correct me if im wrong)

ok well this is the result i got its has 247bhp which i am so not happy with if it is supposed to have 280.
i was told there was a bit of a blow from the engine,and that it could be a gasket,can anyone tell me would a gasket make it lose that much power.
any advice would be really appreciated as i am usless when it comes to the technical department.

Ok im no expert and im not sure what the leggy is standard,
but the 280 your refering to may be only thr rated power
at the flywheel, by the time the power is transferd to the
wheels it has dropped, 247 sounds about right depending
on mods :thumbsup:

I'd say that about right for a standard car unmapped on 95..wouldnt be 247 @ the wheels that would be about 310 @ the flywheel

so on e5 it should only be about 247bhp at the flywheel
would i get a little bit more if i used some octane booster

[quote author=MarkC link=topic=15123.msg186436#msg186436 date=1242495999]
I think there 280bhp standard on 100 ron jap fuel :ponder2:
[/quote]

Maybe with an ACME rocket strapped to the roof :lol:

My 97 STI Type-R came out of the factory with 280HP @ the flywheel so that's probably less than 240BHP @ the wheels

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=15123.msg186438#msg186438 date=1242496767]
[quote author=MarkC link=topic=15123.msg186436#msg186436 date=1242495999]
I think there 280bhp standard on 100 ron jap fuel :ponder2:
[/quote]

Maybe with an ACME rocket strapped to the roof :lol:

My 97 STI Type-R came out of the factory with 280HP @ the flywheel so that's probably less than 240BHP @ the wheels
[/quote]

they are rated @ 280 ps(276hp) from the factory same as your type r..@ the flywheel.. every car manufacture rates their cars @ the fly..I suppose on E5 if it is 99 octane you should be close to the 276..I be honest with but I drove the BL standard and they don't feel as quick standard as the BE..did you get a graph of your torque curve? if its drastically dropping of somewhere might show a problem..
Id start saving for a decat and remap you'll see a genuine 290 bhp

[/quote]

they are rated @ 280 ps(276hp) from the factory same as your type r..@ the flywheel.. every car manufacture rates their cars @ the fly..I suppose on E5 if it is 99 octane you should be close to the 276..I be honest with but I drove the BL standard and they don't feel as quick standard as the BE..did you get a graph of your torque curve? if its drastically dropping of somewhere might show a problem..
[/quote]

thanks dagnut i had a fair idea they where around the 280bhp because as far as i no altezzadans got 276.9bph, have u any idea what the blow coming from the engine could be, and could that be the cause of the loss of power?? yeah i got a graph wil post it up shortly. can u have a look at it as i am not to sure about it.. i have 1 decat done due to get second 1 done next week but was told the boost spikes could kill it if i don't get it remapped straight after it. so holding off for a bit until i can get the remap.

[quote author=johnb4 link=topic=15123.msg186450#msg186450 date=1242501308]

thanks dagnut i had a fair idea they where around the 280bhp because as far as i no altezzadans got 276.9bph, have u any idea what the blow coming from the engine could be, and could that be the cause of the loss of power?? yeah i got a graph wil post it up shortly. can u have a look at it as i am not to sure about it.. i have 1 decat done due to get second 1 done next week but was told the boost spikes could kill it if i don't get it remapped straight after it. so holding off for a bit until i can get the remap.
[/quote]

I wouldn't know what the blow and I wouldn't guess Id let someone more qualified speak on it..I am gonna guess and say your problem is because you have it decatted and not mapped..this is very dangerous for your turbo as you would be getting boost spikes all over the place..your car should have only one cat? the other in the center section is just a silencer and shouldn't have any adverse effects if you remove it...
you won't regret spending the money on a remap its transforms the car...throttle response, wider torque curve, power increase and most importantly piece of mind that you now its safe..if you can't get it mapped Id get a knock link(this detects knock--knock is when undetonated fuel detonates in the cylinder which can cause the pistons to melt)
Where did you get it Dyno'd? They should of been able to tell from your air fuel ration how your car was running

got it dyno'd in westward engineering in enfield. he did mention that there was a slight bit of detonation.
were would i get a knock link and how much would it be

so my Legacy made 270.1hp@flywheel at best, with only 210hp@wheels. 2 cats in these Legacy's, 1 in the down pipe and then one in the centre section aswell as a resonator. there is a sensor in the downpipe and a sensor in the centre section so depending so im thinking something to do with the recent centre section de-cat is the problem. as advised before get a remap done as soon as you can, probably getting a bit of detonation since its still mapped to jap fuel. knocklink costs about 150+ fitting i think. i would save this money towards a remap., take it easy on it for now and drive with the "eco" button on!

thanks dan,ill take it easy on it.would i be better of keeping it on low boost.
will i give them a ring and tell them i am having a bit of a problem since they fitted it,and maybe they will have a look at it

Back