dump valve on B4????

no both turbos then spool together..i was looking at a diagram for a tt but it may have been from an earlier gtb it deffo has 2 waste gates..im too lazy to go and look..i agree with what your saying i do a wastegate dump..the ecu controls when the second turbo comes on because in limp mode it doesnt boost at all

There only ONE wastegate the a flap in the exhaust to control boost on the secondary turbo,@blacklegacy you have wastegate and subaru recirculating dump valve mixed up,you would'nt go near the wastegate actuator nor the wastegate itself (which is in the exhaust side of the pimary turbo)

I know that you dont touch the actuators but i thought a wastegate was where the boost is let out, i didnt know it it had anything to do with the exhaust...

Dave - would you be able to email or pm that diagram to me please?

And does any1 know what model turbo's are actually in a B4???

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=7977.msg96113#msg96113 date=1214604537]
I know that you dont touch the actuators but i thought a wastegate was where the boost is let out, i didnt know it it had anything to do with the exhaust...

Dave - would you be able to email or pm that diagram to me please?

And does anyone know what model turbo's are actually in a B4???
[/quote]

Ah right mate it does it dump excess exhaust gases powering the turbo
Waste gate opens in the turbine housing when a turbo has reached full boost and dumps excess exhaust gases into the downpipes
You on bout the standard recirculating valve,connected on boost pipework or the compressor side of the turbo and dumps Boost pressure in the the intake pipe. . .Similar but two totally different things happening

after reading all this i desided
2 take off my dump valve
and put back on origional
and i have to say
what a differance car is way better
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back