Dublin clampers

scoobycolm

ISDC Club Member
How they don't make money I've no idea

From rte news app

Dublin clamping fee not deterring some motorists

5 hours ago
One motorists was clamped 55 times
There has been a call for the clamping release fee in Dublin to be increased from €80 to €130.

The annual report of Dublin City Council's parking appeal's officer says there has not been any increase since 1998 and the current level is not deterring some people.

More than 2,300 have been clamped between four and 50 times over the past four years with one individual clamped 55 times - an average of once every three to four weeks.

The cost of running the service is €7 million but the clamping fees bring in only €4.2 million.

Parking appeals officer William Keilthy said compliant motorists are subsidising the clamping fee through their parking charges.

Overall 56,000 motorists were clamped last year.

Just 5.4% made appeals and of these nearly one in four got a full or partial refunds.

Dublin's Top Ten Clamping Hot Spots

1 Merrion Square West 733

2 Mespil Road 698

3 Ormond Quay Upper 656

4 Jervis Street 617

5 Wolfe Tone Street 612

6 Lotts North 591

7 Burlington Road 566

8 Merrion Square South 545

9 Molesworth Street 533

10 Hatch Street 496

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking is a minimum of €2.40 an hour anywhere in town, with a lot €3 and over, I see they have conveniently forgot to include this income in their profit/loss. Seeing as its the same service that checks these cars for valid disks and clamping the illegal parkers. Don't know about anyone else who is around town but nearly every clamped car I see is legally parked, just doesn't have a ticket or ticket has run out of time. Its not like you see a lot of cars abandoned on walkways or double yellows.

Back