DSLR Camera

Anto J

Octane Boostaholics
I'm thinking of getting a digital slr camera and I'm trying to make up my mind between Fujifilm Finepix S1500 and Fujifilm Finepix S2000HD. Has anyone come across either of these and if so which would you recommend to a budding voyeur sorry I mean bird watcher :icon_grin:

Honestly....... Its all down to personal choise with dslr's.
I was always a cannon man but have sold most of my equipment as im moving to nikon

neither of those cameras a digital SLR's, only digital style SLR's, basically wannabe DSLR's. same picture quality as a compact flash just feel and are similar size to an DSLR. something like these would be a good beginners DSLR:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3381534/art/nikon/d3000-af-s-dx-vr-nikkor-1.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2981505/art/sony/alpha-dslr-a230l-18-55mm.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1474398/art/canon/eos-1000d-ef-s-18-55mm-le.html

I would go for Nikon though. It all depends on your budget though. Most kit camera's are good to start off with as they usually come with an all in one lense usually from 18-55mm(3x optical zoom equivalent on a compact camera) once you get used to the camera and what you need from the lenses you can buy more to suit your needs such as a 70-300mm lense for zooming to things you cant physically get close to such as down in Mondello or you might want a fast prime lense thats great in low light without needing a flash.

I'm on my third Nikon DSLR, started off with the D40 to get used to the DSLR world, then upgraded to D60 for few extra features it had and now onto D90 which has even more features and is enough for most amateur photographers.

Hope that helps!

A great man once said "Canon make great cameras..... Nikon make great pictures"

Where does the D3000 fit in compared to the D40, D60 and D90 that you had dan? looking to get one of these in the next few months but there's so much to choose from and I haven't got a feckin bean!!

You cant buy the D40 anymore or D60. D3000 is basically the D60's replacement. Its a perfect beginners DSLR camera.

Im tryin to save for the Nikon D700 at the moment....

A serious bit of kit.......

or the D300 tho instead.......

im presuming if you go for the d700 its not going to be your first DSLR if it is its serious overkill! That will be my next camera too in a year or so! full frame sensor with weather sealed body. spurt! :dance:

No no

My first DSLR was a Cannon 300D then worked my way up the cannon range from there....
Not lovin the new Cannon Range of camera's and thought it was time to make the switch over to Nikon..... Broke my heart selling all my lenses tho.....

Ah well time to start again!!!

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=21262.msg257988#msg257988 date=1266193573]
neither of those cameras a digital SLR's, only digital style SLR's, basically wannabe DSLR's. same picture quality as a compact flash just feel and are similar size to an DSLR. something like these would be a good beginners DSLR:

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3381534/art/nikon/d3000-af-s-dx-vr-nikkor-1.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/2981505/art/sony/alpha-dslr-a230l-18-55mm.html

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/1474398/art/canon/eos-1000d-ef-s-18-55mm-le.html

I would go for Nikon though. It all depends on your budget though. Most kit camera's are good to start off with as they usually come with an all in one lense usually from 18-55mm(3x optical zoom equivalent on a compact camera) once you get used to the camera and what you need from the lenses you can buy more to suit your needs such as a 70-300mm lense for zooming to things you cant physically get close to such as down in Mondello or you might want a fast prime lense thats great in low light without needing a flash.

I'm on my third Nikon DSLR, started off with the D40 to get used to the DSLR world, then upgraded to D60 for few extra features it had and now onto D90 which has even more features and is enough for most amateur photographers.

Hope that helps!

A great man once said "Canon make great cameras..... Nikon make great pictures"

[/quote]
Thanks Dan, I'll have to go back and hassle the piggy bank again. At least I didn't waste money buying a phony

Just found this thread so won`t open a new one.

I am after buying a Canon EOS 550D kit. So far the best price I found was € 600. Do You know any place might be better on price for a kit with IS lens included?
Also this price is from pixmania , anyone dealt with them?
Thanks

try jessops.com. I dont like pixmania anymore since they started using third party suppliers, packaging went down hill and i got one or two items dead on arrival from them. Conns cameras in town are priced well along side alot of the established camera shops around the cityh

Thanks Dan , Yes I have heard bad stories about pixmania , that`s the reason I ask.
Will check out Your places. Might leave it until after Christmas for better deal but We have Our first baby due on the 2nd of January and want to have a proper camera before She arrives.

Really appreciate Your help Dan!

Problem is , the D1100 with IS lens costs more than the 550D with same lens from pixmania. I don`t want to buy from pixmania but price is so tempting.

[quote author=BAwagon link=topic=21262.msg372151#msg372151 date=1323129869]
Just found this thread so won`t open a new one.

I am after buying a Canon EOS 550D kit. So far the best price I found was € 600. Do You know any place might be better on price for a kit with IS lens included?
Also this price is from pixmania , anyone dealt with them?
Thanks
[/quote]

I bought that exact camera with the 18-55mm lens included last Janurary when it was priced at 750 euro. I paid 600 euro for it then in Lanzarotte. Also got a sigma 70-300mm lens and camera bag for 100 euro in the deal. More than enough spec for someone who is clueless regarding shutter speeds etc. Very easy to use also over the fiddly buttons on the Nikkon i looked at.

[quote author=BAwagon link=topic=21262.msg372161#msg372161 date=1323132581]
Really appreciate Your help Dan!

Problem is , the D1100 with IS lens costs more than the 550D with same lens from pixmania. I don`t want to buy from pixmania but price is so tempting.
[/quote]

so D1100 costs 485 delivered at cheapest from pixmania, on conns camera's its 529 euro including bag, memory card and training course. I know which one i would go for!

Yes .
Just checked pixmania again and price is slightly higher today :ponder2: still € 537 if I buy it for business with no VAT. conns camera have the body only for exactly same money .

Back