Dremel Drill Options

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
+1 interested in getting one too as ill need a decent one to trim my bumper when i get the front mount on.

I saw a 4200 model in Atlantic homecare, maybe thats the next step up or has more accessories.

Dont get the rechargeable ones, i burnt one of them out in less than a week in work

try chadwicks b&q they might be cheaper
they are supposed to be great tools alright
i can ask a mate of mine tomorrow what he uses in his body shop air tool / compressor wise :ponder2:
may be overkill for you or else handy to have for years to come

there only any good for real small areas or places you cant get a 4" grinder into lads anything big and they'll burn out if your going cleaning underseal off . there nice and neat for cutting alright dan .chadwicks don't do them but as colm says b&q are probably the best price wise .

There is no underseal on the car at the minute Joe, so it won't be getting that sort of stress. The spec c's came with no underbody protection at all so there are a couple of small surface rust patches that i want to use the dremel to address and make good use of the time that the car will be off the road.

This kit seems to be the best kit: http://www.dremeleurope.com/dremelocs-uk/product/2709/396/dremel®-4000/dremel®-4000 , same one from amazon above. Will try to price it up at B&Q to compare

I think you might have just found something i want of Santie Robbie! Once it has some attachments that can easily cut through plastic and be reasonably smooth cuts im happy. What else in the market is there to compare with the Dremels?

pensioners get 10% discount on a certain day in b&q
or else try and get a loyalty card or trade counter price if you can for it

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32471.msg371968#msg371968 date=1323028410]
There is no underseal on the car at the minute Joe, so it won't be getting that sort of stress. The spec c's came with no underbody protection at all so there are a couple of small surface rust patches that i want to use the dremel to address and make good use of the time that the car will be off the road.

This kit seems to be the best kit: http://www.dremeleurope.com/dremelocs-uk/product/2709/396/dremel®-4000/dremel®-4000 , same one from amazon above. Will try to price it up at B&Q to compare
[/quote]

[quote author=scoobycolm link=topic=32471.msg371976#msg371976 date=1323029668]
pensioners get 10% discount on a certain day in b&q
or else try and get a loyalty card or trade counter price if you can for it
[/quote]

Have you got a pensioner that I can borrow? :icon_lol: :icon_lol: .. How do you get a loyalty card or trade discount?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=32471.msg371975#msg371975 date=1323029617]
I think you might have just found something i want of Santie Robbie! Once it has some attachments that can easily cut through plastic and be reasonably smooth cuts im happy. What else in the market is there to compare with the Dremels?
[/quote]

Thats why I started looking. I keep being told that I'm "impossible" to buy for, so I thought I'd try and give them a few ideas this year.

Dremel is the best out there to my (limited) knowledge. I think Argos do their own brand version as well, think Nicky said it to me today. Not sure if there are any other options out there :ponder:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=32471.msg371978#msg371978 date=1323030159]
i have a 10% discount card for Atlantic homecare Robbie if you price it in there :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers Dan, I'll try to price it up tomorrow :thumbsup:

Robbie... I'd be using flap discs if your trying to remove rust. Call me if you want... Bought loads when doing the underside of mine and there very handy.

Couple of alternative options if you wanted to go down that route :thumbsup:

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/s...uctId_189698_langId_-1_categoryId_212396#dtab

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7113361/c_1/1|category_root|Garden+and+DIY|14418702/c_2/3|19805469|Power+tools|14418763/c_3/4|cat_14418763|Multi+purpose+power+tools|14418774.htm

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32471.msg371981#msg371981 date=1323030842]
Robbie... I'd be using flap discs if your trying to remove rust. Call me if you want... Bought loads when doing the underside of mine and there very handy.
[/quote]

Cheers J :thumbsup: .. I'll buzz you at some stage during the week and might even buzz down to you if you are working on the car any time soon.. I was just looking for some of those flap disks and wire brush attachments.. You think the wire brushes would be too severe?

yeah i go there a fair bit myself and bring the parents with me to avail of there golden age bonus :icon_grin:
always found them cheaper than woodies homebase etc.
but by searching online doesent seem to be to much a difference in price on the dremel from shop to shop
chadwicks trade centre if they stock them may be cheaper

Brass wire brush heads are the best option... A lot less severe... T.E.D do them in ballymount along with the flap discs. I've the catalogue in the garage. I'll be there Wednesday evening working on the car if you wanna pop in.

Where are chadwicks Colm?

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32471.msg371993#msg371993 date=1323032352]
Brass wire brush heads are the best option... A lot less severe... T.E.D do them in ballymount along with the flap discs. I've the catalogue in the garage. I'll be there Wednesday evening working on the car if you wanna pop in.
[/quote]

What time are you there from J? I got the all clear from the gaffer so I'll spin down alright :multijump:

chadwicks are in thomas street ,walkinstown bray , sallynoggin ,sandyford might be closed down , coolock . lucan . might be able to get you some discount depending where your going :thumbs up:

Where in Sallynoggin are they, do you know? The missus works there so would be handy for to call in for a price. Think its working out at about €85 delivered from Amazon. She's getting it for me for crimbo :icon_grin:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32471.msg372006#msg372006 date=1323038569]
Sweet.. Should be there round 6.30... See you then!!
[/quote]

Good man, I'll buzz you on Tuesday, should be able to make it there by 7 :thumbsup:

Back