Dipetane

V4TYPER

Hi Lads,

Has anyone used dipetane to get the emissions down for the test, is it safe? Driving off boost anyway

I often use it in diesels,its migthy stuff but never in my scooby.

I have no cat and only ever so slighly fail emissions, just would save me a job having to put the nct spec exhausht on

I know that @Pedro555 used it in his 2 previous tanks of fuel before NCT and it passed, he mentioned it in his blog. He has a ZeroSports cat on it though, not sure if your's would pass but no harm in trying imo.

I've used it on both a WRX and a B4, and got both through, didn't need it in the STI, but I did fail on emissions this year so I'll be using it again.
Some lads say tis shite...I swear by it. Has never not worked for me tbh

I can't remember exactly It was last year, but only a bit over the tolerance, maybe down to mapping also.

The man who built the engine mentioned they pass up the north with straight pipes, all down to mapping

Thats up north tho, they can fail you on cat missing down here. If tis not there, regardless of what the reading is, you fail..
I'm fairly sure of that anyway...
Think it's pre 1992 that you don't need a cat.
Missed that bit in the post 😆

if your lamba is good and you've a good cat you shouldn't need it. My car passed last week without it no bother always passed without it. I used the standard exhaust system & cat tho. I presume what it does is make the car run leaner or cooler to try lower the emmissions? definitely don't go full boost if u do use it :ROFLMAO:

I changed lambda alright, nct on Wednesday, but will still run it through for a tank off boost and last time failing was my first time having an issue in years....and I didn't use it last time

Back