Dents

stevo

Petrolheads
got a local dent guy to have a look at a few dents on my car there last week. the dents are on the top part of 3 doors above the hande. anyway he took it away for about 2 hours and came back saying he couldnt do anything with them cos the doors of the legacy because they are pillarless they have a double skin on them and he couldnt get at them.

Im just wondering has anyone else come across this?? :dontknow: :dontknow: i would really like to get something done about them and they are not big enough to get them filled and sprayed

Talk to Eric about the Dentman he organised for a few lads a while back...apparantly does top notch work :thumbsup: I'm sure if there was enough interest Eric could organise it again?

Sweetcakes is the guy to talk to, he had a clatter of dents taken out of his leggy a few months ago, I'm sure there were some where you say yours are :ponder2:

I was in a similar postion to you a few months ago, some scumbag managed to do it while breaking into the car. He left 2 dents along the top above the door handle. I went to the dent man and he did the best he could, he got one out but wasnt happy with the other but you'd never notice they were there.

Long story short, he had to drill a hole in the door. He lifted the rubber flap and drilled underneath that so the hole will never be seen. Through the hole, he was able get the first dent no bother as it was close to the edge of the door. The other one was the one he had difficulty with as it was more central and he couldnt get the leverage he needed because he was using a smaller tool to fit in the gap because there no space in there. He did say however that he may be able to make a tool up at some stage that might work.

If your dents are on the hinge side of the doors, then the only way to get at them might be to take the doors off the hinges and get in from the hinge side.

@ sonic74f - im based in tralee.

@ sweetcakes - the dents are not near the hinges, they are along the part of the door where it is very easy to get at if you take the door card off the inside.

where is this dent man located??

http://www.thedentman.ie/

the ones who Eric organised a week ago.
Those guys are the best in Ireland imo.
Was driving up to Dublin from Cork to make the dents done.. and don't regret it.. they're miracle makers!. :thumbsup:

I know you are talking about the top part of the door but you wont get at it by taking the door card off. There is a frame that supports it (i know from experience) all the way along the door. If the dents are on the handle side then he can probably get to them but he probably wont be able to do them if they are on the hinge side as they'd be too far away

youd have to let the dentman see the dent and let him decide if he can do something for ya!!!
told me on my car he couldnt do anything above the door handle on a scooby!!!
:dontknow: :dontknow:

I'll be arranging for the dent man again next month. I've two dents in my drivers wing. Nothing major but enough for me to notice.

He has to see the dents before he can say for sure wheather they'd come out.

Keepan eye out for the post.

Back