Demand for an auto sti

Saw them advertised and I had the same thoughts. The Tax would be a killer if similar to the manual. Only 1 way to find out lads, rock up with a proper STI and get a test drive. I clearly can't go as I don't have an STI 😅

I was out there yesterday the garage is in Rush main street , very nice to talk to and helpful ,that S4 is 296 bhp with all the bells and whistles sort of unusal car.

Oh if anyone wants a cheap hatch STI,one on done deal for 11grand and 390 road tax .......it's actually registered as a 2.0 Diesel ⛽
The seller was chatting some nonsense anyway
He was telling me that the car is actually a diesel chassis. The engine blew, he bought in a hatch STI from UK and swapped engine, running gear, interior, clocks etc and then decided to cut panels to weld in the STI arches as the wheels wouldn't fit cause of it being wide track. I sh*t you not.
I said, if one was inclined to do that, would it not have been easier to swap over the reg from the diesel to the STI...and he didn't have much to say then..I'd say that's what he done tho...

I was out there yesterday the garage is in Rush main street , very nice to talk to and helpful ,that S4 is 296 bhp with all the bells and whistles sort of unusal car.
Emma written all over it Dec 👀👀...

S4 yea all the kit 👌

So what's the tax on it...

Pau,l I didn't they have a lot of sti's with both engine sizes he has 15 of them believe it or not......
That Mad Declan, unless he starts a auto sti owners club and gets a good few members 🤔

does he know anything about Subarus?

It is mad ,it's like he got a job lot of them and threw them on the boat ,they knew their stuff alright.

If it up to June 2008 the tax is €750. 2 ltr engine from Jap land.

If July 2009 in topclass autos and its over €2000.

Went to buy the Sti hatch for sale up the road from me but it was manufactured after June so big tax.

Had another look at the s4, price more sensible that when it was up first ( think it was 40k); very nice yoke as a daily alright and reasonable tax, and possibly the only one in the country

But as for the auto sti i would pay an extra few grand and get a golf r instead and save myself the best part of 2k each year in tax

Back