Demand for an auto sti

TurboPaul

So since brexit and more cars coming from Japan, all of a sudden there are a bunch of auto stis for sale. Whilst the tax is low compared to the manual, is there any demand for them?

do people think they’ll sell?

btw I have never driven one or heard how they are to drive, is the auto like the dog box and engaging at some level?

What is the tax Paul ?
I would think they are 2350 a year or very close as they have the EJ engie and not the lower emission FA (FA IN WRX S4 only not the STi)
I personally think they will be very hard sold but who knows

Australian market but should be very smilar to the JDM A Line ,no Brembos up front from factory on the autos aswell I think if you zoom in to the pictures on donedeal

Tax usually higher on autos know 2350 can't be higher but autos traditionally higher as more co2s tax must be 2350 on them...?

Strange to import so many auto sti cars alright only thing I can think of is were bought cheap in japan so few quid in em

Cant imagine there any use compared to dsg boxes ect but no direct experience either

Can be picked up cheap in Japan.
Vrt would be big enough I'd imagine being an sti.
I believe they have lower red line,less power/torque.

From reviews online, not fast or anything special

I don't see road tax marked on any of those ads tho. I do remember there was one for sale where tax was marked at 200 odd quid..but the details weren't right. It was down as a 2.0L impreza with 150bhp so must have been the 2.0L NA
I didn't think there was any difference in the emissions either. I'd say just bought cheap as no demand in Japan..wonder would it be much hassle to convert...

Way over priced for what they are . 15-17k is there price point to have a chanc of selling if the tax is low .
Top line in Dublin still have that 2009 2.5 hatch for 17k and Can’t sell it

I thought I had seen tax has 750 but cant see anything in the adds now

Even if the tax was cheap dont see much demand, whole thing seems odd

The red 2014 wrx S for sale on donedeal has tax advertised as 750 euro a year so I presume that one is 2 litre but I still thought high co2 would have resulted in higher tax on it, 🤔.

The hatch sti,s and saloon are very overpriced and as joe said I'd say the 2009 hatch sti must be for sale.for about 3 years at this stage and still hasn't sold due to tax band of 2k.

The red 2014 wrx S for sale on donedeal has tax advertised as 750 euro a year so I presume that one is 2 litre but I still thought high co2 would have resulted in higher tax on it, 🤔.
They run the FA engine with the cvt box so it may be that or very close

The hatch sti,s and saloon are very overpriced and as joe said I'd say the 2009 hatch sti must be for sale.for about 3 years at this stage and still hasn't sold due to tax band of 2k.
Well over 3 years, was for sale before I bought my WRX which was 3+ years ago

Well over 3 years, was for sale before I bought my WRX which was 3+ years ago

Over 5 id say, it was traded in for a white blob Spec C on xxr wheels if I remember correctly and was previously on donedeal before that bye the owner

Was only thinking the same last night with all the Auto's listed they must be for nothing over there cannot see why anybody would bring over so many.

Would be a great All around car to Get get up the years but there just way over priced for what they are

Back