delimit??

thanks niall,its great to hear from someone who actually knows what their talkin about and not your usual buffer who thinks he knows it all but wouldn't be able to change a wheel,
cheers

Even if maxol is only 97 and the car is designed to run on 98 the ecu could easily knock a degree or so of timing off to compensate..I could be completely wrong but seems like forking out 1200 squid on a re map for a car worth about 6k is alot when it might not be necessary

I have seen plenty of imprezas of that age not mapped and never had any trouble,
How many years has it gone now without a remap and no trouble :ponder:

[quote author=sti 9029 link=topic=9665.msg116053#msg116053 date=1222257217]
thanks niall,its great to hear from someone who actually knows what their talkin about and not your usual buffer who thinks he knows it all but wouldn't be able to change a wheel,
cheers
[/quote]

I know you're new to this subaru thing and the club...
when you ask a question on here anyone can reply and everyones reply is appreciated thats why we have such an amazing club....
There's no need for comments like that :hand: :naughty:

[quote author=ash555 link=topic=9665.msg116071#msg116071 date=1222259142]
[quote author=sti 9029 link=topic=9665.msg116053#msg116053 date=1222257217]
cheers
[/quote]

I know you're new to this subaru thing and the club...
when you ask a question on here anyone can reply and everyones reply is appreciated thats why we have such an amazing club....
There's no need for comments like that :hand: :naughty:
[/quote]

I wouldn't imagine he was directing it at anyone in general Ash...

no i didn't mean anyone on here,i ment lads i know myself that think they know it all,i wouldn't insult any1 on here,everybody seems to know their stuff

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=9665.msg116075#msg116075 date=1222259563]
I wouldn't imagine he was directing it at anyone in general Ash...
[/quote]

thats the impression I got too. I think Ash jumped the gun maybe on that one.

trust me i wasn't tryin to insult anyone on here,i appreciate every bit of advice i get on here,ye'r the people to talk to when it comes to scoobeys,i wouldn't have joined if i didn't think so! :thumbsup:

Even if maxol is only 97 and the car is designed to run on 98 the ecu could easily knock a degree or so of timing off to compensate..I could be completely wrong but seems like forking out 1200 squid on a re map for a car worth about 6k is alot when it might not be necessary

Very good point Dagnut :thumbsup:

sti9029 i reckon fit the knock link 1st, see what level of pre-det the engine is suffering from
Then try the Maxol E5
Then maybe 95Ron with a half btl of Octane Booster (the only octane boosters i would recomend is LUCAS OR NF
don't waste your money on the other crap)

I would drive the car easy until you find the best option for you.
Most pre-det will happen at high rev's or top end , so keep the rev's below 6000rpm and
don't go flat out ........ :whistle: :whistle:

Niall.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=9665.msg116052#msg116052 date=1222256667]
Hi sti 9029,

is dagnut right about the gogo juice?also someone on here told me they can take 1.3 bar boost with the standard fuel pump,does that sound right?

No that is not correct You would definitly need to fit an Uprated fuel pump !!! Will the car take 1.3bar boost without one, Yes
but for how long :dontknow:

Niall.
[/quote]

The standard fuel pump can cope with 1.3bar of boost if it wasn't de-catted and running 95ron no problem....... Actually 1.4 BAR even.
And for how long would be forever or until the pump starts failing but that could happen with any pump standard or uprated.

But for sake of cost of an uprated pump and one sitting there for 10years plus it would defo be the sensible move to upgrade the pump.

And regards the cost of mapping and safety versus new engine build and still an un-mapped car afterwards.

Agree with davelegacy....I ran 1.4 BAR with standard pump for 18 months. Car was mapped for 95 on Power FC, no decat.

Back