delimit??

[quote author=slithertooth link=topic=9665.msg114911#msg114911 date=1221909363]
if it`s an ecu flash then no but if it`s a new ecu then yes. what year/car?
[/quote]

Not quite true, the likes of ecutek will remove the limiter while being mapped. What year is your motor?

how about simtek??also if i get the simtek package will that bring up the bhp even though i've no mods done to the car at all!!

Ya you can get simtek, might get a small power gain but you would really need an uprated fuel pump at least. Get on to Davelegacy he'll tell you all ya need to know :thumbsup:

Pointless spending all the money on simtek if you're not gonna do the basics for stage 1, i.e. full decat, sports filter, uprated fuel pump & spark plugs, IMO

You can de-limit the car very cheaply with a range of different devices :thumbsup:

And as Brian said - if your gonna go for Simtek you should plan on upgrading as above.

Alan.

if its a 96 am I right in thinking he won't need a remap as 100 octane fuel only became available in japan in 98 therefore if he runs E5 from maxol he should be fine??

sure a downpipe 2nd hand would be around 150, spark plugs a 100, fuel pump 90, air filter 200.
and theres a few cheap exhaust for sale here. so its not that dear.
may aswell get them on for the remap.

Oh a modding virgin! What to do, what to do??????
I personally couldn't own a car that isn't performing at least 99% it's full potential, So I'd get the full exhaust, panel filter, fuel pump and simtek!
She'll be savage or economical (switchable maps with simtek)
Dan

is dagnut right about the gogo juice?also someone on here told me they can take 1.3 bar boost with he standard fuel pump,does that sound right? :ponder2:

stage 1 is the minimum you should aim for if you want your car to be anyways decent. And if i were you i wouldn't even be lookin for the limeter without having her mapped. I'm not sure if what dagnut said is right or wrong but for safetys sake and for the sake of your pocket, i'd be mapping for our slop either way

ya but 1700 is a lot of monies if its not essential,i wouldn't mind doin the stage 1 bits but i could only afford them if i didn't have to get it mapped!maybe i'll rob a bank!! :ponder:

Hi sti 9029,

is dagnut right about the gogo juice?also someone on here told me they can take 1.3 bar boost with the standard fuel pump,does that sound right?

No that is not correct You would definitly need to fit an Uprated fuel pump !!! Will the car take 1.3bar boost without one, Yes
but for how long :dontknow:

Sti 9029, The amount of options who have is endless. There has been 100's of post's on this very subject .
So use the search option and do some research.

Is Dagnut right: probably / maybe ???? it's very hard to say most would agree that the Maxol 99 Ron , is not all
what it's cracked up to be.

My Advice until you get her mapped fit a "Knock Link" should cost about €150. This will detect any pre-det due to our shitty
fuel and warn you to slow down. You now could try some Maxol E5 and see dose the car run better and detect less knock(pre-det).

If you just want a re-map for fuel only ..................get the cheapest ECU and go with that. Yes you will get more BHP/Torque.

If you are looking for some higher BHP figures then you need to look at Turbo's, Exhaust's , Fuel regulator's, FMIC etc.........
If you go down this route then the Apexi , Simtek etc........ ECU's are bets suited for this level of mapping.
Simtek can also provide Anti-lag and launch controll but it cost's a bit more.

Look at Our Traders Section and see what some of the traders are offering , these lads will have all the info you need :thumbsup:

Niall.

Back