Crawford Oil/Air Separator

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=29663.msg343873#msg343873 date=1300675579]
Absolutely but in no boost driving i dont see how you have any..
[/quote]

I have let it boost up under load in high gears actuator pressure

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=29663.msg343875#msg343875 date=1300676273]
Within 300km to actuator 0.5 bar.
[/quote]

There's about 600km on it now only started introducing it to the engine really, Martin Tracey said it would take on 100km to run it in but personally I'll take it handy for 1000km

Ok so actuator pressure by judgement and not by restrictor pill removal and were told to run engin in for 59miles. Holy sh*t..

Good night.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=29663.msg343877#msg343877 date=1300676707]
Ok so actuator pressure by judgement and not by restrictor pill removal and were told to run engin in for 59miles. Holy sh*t..

Good night.
[/quote]

God Bless :thumbsup:

I didnt know you knew the exact boost control setup on my car. I'm not getting into an arguement with you but Martin is the most respected tuner in Ireland and even though I took no heed of the 100km run in I doubt he's wrong at the same time, I'm sure you can ring the man thats being building engines for 20 odd years and have an excellent discussion about it.

Catch cans are required once you start running high boost, especially at higher revs. Anything over 1 bar anything above 5k rpm and there is benefit - I could add 3-5 degrees advance across the rev range when I fitted mine. And it is infinitely easier the empty the catch can on a regular basis than to remove the TMIC and flush it with petrol to get it's efficiency back up [:)].

Richard

[quote author=Richard.D link=topic=29663.msg343880#msg343880 date=1300698248]
Catch cans are required once you start running high boost, especially at higher revs. Anything over 1 bar anything above 5k rpm and there is benefit - I could add 3-5 degrees advance across the rev range when I fitted mine. And it is infinitely easier the empty the catch can on a regular basis than to remove the TMIC and flush it with petrol to get it's efficiency back up [:)].

Richard
[/quote]

Thats right Richard the oil entering the boost pipes will reduce the octane rating of your fuel once it reachs the engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back