CPR and recognizing stroke smyptoms

medic1

Middle Lane Hogs
Hi everyone, just thought i would stick a post in about the importance of knowing how to perform CPR and also recognizing the signs of someone having a stroke as there has been a large increase in the amount of cardiac arrests and strokes in the last few years in people of all ages , : http://www.citizencpr.ie/

very good medic my father had a stroke a bad 1,i think we all need to know about strokes as you say they are on the rise and everybody knows some1 affected by stroke :thumbsup:

V. Good post medic1

i know this is a serious topic, i have my first responder/CFR course done as i am part of a life boat crew down here in waterford

watch this video, i know its a serious note in a mild humour form but VERY VERY informative if you keep the steps in the back of your head :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILxjxfB4zNk

Thanks to all who are taking the time to read this post, as a most of you know i work for the ambulance service so its great to see people taking an interest in this. Also karma for lloyd_flat4, fair play to you bud great to have trained responders in the community as due to the strain on our service at times we sometimes are not able to respond straight away to certain emergencies and also the fact you are part of the lifeboat crew is to be commended :thumbsup:

ah cheers pal :smile: the continuing strains that yee are put up against in relation to your service angers me sometimes, one area that should not be cutback or neglected of new personal/equipment is the ambulance service, we see it far too often :angry1:
anyway i wont start, top respect for being in the ambulance service and its great to see people helping to spread awareness and educate others :thumbsup:

i already gave you karma for starting the topic :thumbsup:

well done medic my gran took a stroke and a bad one,it places a great strain on the family,so if only to make more people aware :thumbsup:

great post mate ,

always good to have some knowledge on cpr and the likes

better half has a few courses done , first aid,cpr , etc all with where she works , never know the day them skills could save a life.

yes agree , karma for a important post that every body should be thought at school imo

very good topic..... karma on the way :thumbsup:

i did the CFR and EFR training last year..... did it with irish ambulance training institute....

for anyone thats unemployed and that would be interested in it, go to your Fas centre and they will pay for it......

friend of mine did all the training and now he driving ambulance for private company......

Back