Covid-19 notice

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
As we are all aware, the current pandemic stated above is growing rapidly in Ireland.
As a result of this, ISDC have already cancelled all official club events and meets for the next 4-6 weeks. This is to ensure our members safety as much as we can, where we can.
That being said, I believe it is best to offer some advice in how to minimise risk with the virus as it is the people who make this club what it is.

Do not wear gloves instead of washing your hands. The virus gets on them in the same way it gets on your hands, and you don't wash your gloves. Also, your hands can get contaminated when you take them off.

Everyone is advised to ensure that they wash and sanitise their hands regularly with an alcohol based hand gel, and especially after contact with others.
There is an incubation period of up to two weeks, meaning if you got it today, its up to two weeks before you show symptoms BUT, you are contagious 4 days before you show any symptoms

This is important
If you run out anti-bacterial hand gel, wipes etc etc don't worry.
Everyone is in a panic about stocking up on these. ANTI-BACTERIAL products have ZERO effect on a virus.
Covid-19 is a virus, not a bacteria.
General hand hygiene is the best practice.

Alcohol based cleaning products are recommended.

Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze

Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands

Don?t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean

In line with government advice, you only need to wear a mask or gloves if you are taking care of a person with suspected Coronavirus (Covid-19)
If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care by calling HSELive on 1850 24 1850

Also, please be aware, even tho the fatality rate is a small percentage, it is present.
The youngest fatality was from a paramedic in his 40s.
It is vital that, even tho you may personally be very sick with this, if you pass it to parents or grandparents it can be much worse.
Please, for your own sake and the sake of others try to minimise risk and use the procedures put in place by the HSE.

Look after yourself,
Stay safe ????

Thanks for taking the time to do this Eoin...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No problem man, I just think people should be concerned about the whole thing to be honest, and a little bit more aware of what it is and how to combat it,, or try to minimise risk like
I can see it getting worse here before it gets under control

Last edited:
Great straight forward and accurate advice. Thanks Eoin for posting [emoji4][emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

See that, the medical practitioner agrees, that's enough for me lol
If you have anything you think should be added Hassen, WhatsApp it there and I'll edit the original post
Thanks man

See that, the medical practitioner agrees, that's enough for me lol
If you have anything you think should be added Hassen, WhatsApp it there and I'll edit the original post
Thanks man
Not much to add other than the bits below.

Avoid contacts with anyone who's elderly, immunocompromised and unwell. If you do develop symptoms such as a high temperature, shortness of breath and a cough, please contact your GP by phone and they will guide you on what steps to take next. This will include self isolation.

Also, in these testing times, mind yourselves and help each other whenever possible. A good place to self isolate would be the garage where you can finally tackle all that long to do list for your lovely Subaru.

Stay safe guys and gals [emoji4]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Thought thease were good
abb07e80b90a145516f57f99f52cfec4.jpg
3508a1a3e0151ac1c820945761032882.jpg
16e7fee0de154a80533d949e04b7aeef.jpg
32128118c1c5d98a77d4b4b73623d57a.jpg
2c8c2d99cafdb421c034a044086301c1.jpg
5e76fc035051c1dee282b1847c90de0a.jpg
7ba8c3cfac5e6fb6bf6dc10ff9a72eb5.jpg
1a20bd0758565b81729f8b485a99c4a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That's brilliant Ciaran
We could delve right into it with the social distancing and all that they're recommending but look, personal hygiene on the hands is essential and avoiding contact with others

My mother has COPD and asthma so both parents in self isolation as of last Tuesday. She couldn't risk getting it so they've cut all face to face contact with everyone, they'll be like that til there's a vaccine..
That's what I meant above, we might get it ourselves but it could be people we know that will get it bad.

Exactly eoin havent seen my folks or parents in law in a week plus just to dangerous for them.

Let's spare a thought for the people that have sick parents or friends that are unwell or may not have much time left try do what we can for them...regular phone calls food drops ect... but keeping away is the safest thing for them unfortunately be lonely time for them but least they wont get sick.

Thanks Eoin probably the first decent post on this of all social media this that and the other

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

FYI Everyone...as we all know the virus can stay active on surfaces for 48 hours and could be spreading quickly via petrol pumps so wear gloves or use a paper towel when filling up and dispose of straight away please share

Carefull touching anything that's used in public door handles light switches taps ect ect

Thanks[emoji106]

Just wondering how are the speed vans deemed 'essential'?
Asking for a friend :icon_biggrin:

Back