Cosworth RS

gc8aido

Petrolheads
Mate thinking of buying an RS Sierra Cosworth (92).

93k miles on her.

Anything we should be looking out for apart from obvious?

Anyone know much about these? Havent a bulls notion myself and all help would be much appreciated! :thumbsup:

Where is he looking at buying it?

If its anywhere around the midlands I would strongly recommend he brings it to Jomo to have him look over it. Johnny was an engineer with Cosworth for 20-30 years so theres nothing he doesn't know about those cars.

tell him to look under the arches for rust, and just give it a look over as you would any other car! my brother has a 4x4 saphhire cossie here for sale too if e wants a gawk!!

Nice one lads, yeah hes heading down to Birr tonight to have a look so ill

say it to him bout JOMO!!!Nota bad aul idea...Fair play.

Ill say it to him about your bro's yoke aswell...always better to buy from not so complete strangers too!! :thumbsup:

Heard they give Turbo trouble and drive shaft issues are fairly common.....
But thats only if they aint looked after

check the back end serious rust pocket.brothers in the rs club and most of the lads report problems there .also check front subframe bolt holes prone to rust if its a english import.

All i ever heard of, like the lads were saying, was rear arches for rust and around the topmounts for dodgy repair work on crash damage, if it has a good service history should be sound, but id do that registration check on the back round of the car as well, i know its a longshot but cossies were very popular getaway cars for bankjobs and that in the 90s, i know its the last thing you think off when buying a car but you never know

Nice one lads, Very useful i must say as the

above were the 1st things we checked out for and surprisingly none of the above showed and there was 0 rust!!

Very good idea Niall, we did that check and shes been involved

in a few accidents over here and has been reportedly "seriously damaged" back in 2000!!

Went up to have a look and only did the check after so thanks a a million for that!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Karma your way my friend!! :thumbsup:

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=16818.msg207328#msg207328 date=1249372280]
neighbour is selling his, engine rebuilt by jomo, 400bhp to the rear wheels. Absolutely mint
[/quote]

That a grey one?

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=16818.msg207336#msg207336 date=1249374345]
[quote author=briancollins link=topic=16818.msg207328#msg207328 date=1249372280]
neighbour is selling his, engine rebuilt by jomo, 400bhp to the rear wheels. Absolutely mint
[/quote]

That a grey one?
[/quote]

Thats the one Brian. You know of it??

Yeah I met him there the day I was getting whiteline gear fitted by Johnny. He's a sound lad, loves his rear wheel drive cars :lol:

a bit off topic lads but is there a website for doin that registration check :dontknow: it would be handy to have ....

https://www.motorcheck.ie is where my mate checked it!!

was bit pricey but she was a minter and only for the report he would have bought her!!!

Also tommys link above is the same!! Theyre €3 cheaper on motorcheck for the finance report!
:thumbsup:

have a 91 white one here if your mates intersterd pop down have alook

Back