Cork 20 International Rally

Well there's no need to go into Mallow, staying on the main
Cork-Mallow-Limerick road
so lets say hard shoulder after second roundabout by the
2 petroll stations ...........

Niall.

I'll meet up wit ye there lads, but unfortunately won't be making it to the rally. But i will come say HI!!!! :dance: :dance:

Right lads here's the stage times for Sunday.

Service Cork Racecourse Mallow 09.50
Stage 9 Churchtown 10.45
Stage 10 John's Bridge 11.35
Stage 11 Castlemagnier 12.10
Service 12.39
Stage 12 Churchtown 13.44
Stage 10 John's Bridge 14.34
Stage 11 Castlemagnier 15.11

See ye there.

Eamonn

taken from rally news.

RALLY NEWS NO.11 Cork Finish/Sunday 5pm

UNOFFICIAL LEADERBOARD AFTER STAGE 14 – FINAL STAGE
1st (2) Mark Higgins/Rory Kennedy (Impreza WRC) 2.00.59.5
2nd (1) Markko Martin/Dave Senior (Impreza WRC) 2.02.16.5
3rd (3) Eugene Donnelly/Paul Kiely (Corolla WRC) 2.02.31.1
4th (9) Gareth Jones/David Moynihan (Impreza WRC) 2.03.56.8
5th (10) Andreas Mikkelsen/Ola Floene (Focus WRC) 2.06.13.0
6th (7) Austin MacHale/Brian Murphy (Focus WRC) 2.06.24.4
7th (17) Melvyn Evans/Sean Mullally (Impreza WRC) 2.06.55.9
8th (22) PJ McGrath/Killian Duffy (Impreza WRC) 2.08.07.8
9th (31) James Foley/Lisa Roe (Lancer N) 2.08.24.1
10th (16) Liam McCarthy/Kieran Murphy (Corolla WRC) 2.09.09.0
11th (34) Keith Cronin/Anthony Connall (Lancer N) 2.09.36.4
12th (19) Steve Perez/Scott Martin (Focus WRC) 2.09.37.9
13th (25) Roy White/Stephen McAuley (Lancer N) 2.10.11.5
14th (24) Colm Murphy/Ger Loughrey (Impreza N) 2.10.32.5
15th (30) Kevin & Martin Kelleher (Lancer N) 2.10.48.1

Mark Higgins was fastest on the final stage, Castlemagnier, of this Cork 20 Rally to provide a fitting finale to a great drive. Manx man Mark (now based in Wales) and his co driver, Letterkenny’s Rory Kennedy, are very worthy winners of the event in their McKinstry Motorsport Subaru Impreza. Their presence here was backed by FitzSamuel Insurance, as was Markko Martin and Guy Wilks. The 3 drivers provided a great bonus for the rally. It was just a great shame that Wilks retired, but that’s the way of it in rallying. Rory Kennedy was the winner here in 1992 with the late Bertie Fisher. For British Champion Mark Higgins it is a maiden Cork 20 win and hopefully we will see him here again.

Mark Higgins commented here at the finish ramp: “I’m delighted for Dermot Hanafin and the FitzSamuel team to get first and second. Delighted as well for Kenny McKinstry, the car went great and the Pirelli tyres were a dream. It’s a difficult rally, we had a very big moment today over shiny tar and it flashed into my mind that a rally is never over until its over”. Markko Martin said: “I’d like to thank the team for giving me this chance to get back into a world rally car. I didn’t expect it to be so difficult. Conditions were tough, it was hard to build up confidence, not easy to get the pace. I had a couple of wrong tyre choices and it was real easy to get caught out by something. I can’t say it changes the way I think but still it was good to get back into a car and get used to the speed again”. Eugene Donnelly told us: “I hadn’t a great start to the rally but I was fit to push harder today, I think I was fastest on one stage by 0.1 of a second, its good to know we’re there. These professional boys are in a league of their own in many ways. It was a shame about Guy Wilks. It was a good way for us to finish off the year, I think now its time to pension off the Corolla and push hard for a new car”. Gareth Jones survived an excursion this morning to finish 4th in the rally and move into 3rd in the Pirelli C/Ship, relegating Derek McGarrity to 4th. Eugene Donnelly won of course with Eamonn Boland 2nd. Melvyn Evans’ 7th place moves him into the lead of the 023 Tiles C/ship.

Latest news on Andrew Nesbitt is that he has a back injury but it is not too serious.

James Foley had a brilliant group N win and his co driver Lisa Roe said “We were on edge all the way, very difficult and young Keith Cronin was coming hard today. I was never on as exciting a rally”. Roy White was 3rd gpN behind Keith Cronin and Colm Murphy was 4th which was good enough to win gpN in the Pirelli Championship. Following the broken drive shaft on Colm’s Impreza the team changed the diff as well but something went wrong with it on the last 2 stages. It was also the wrong ratio and Colm reckons he was barely moving at the end. If it had broken the car wouldn’t have gone anywhere and the championship would have been lost. Roy White’s co driver Stephen McAuley said. “Disappointed, but not disappointed. It was Colm’s to lose really we would have needed to have won gpN overall and Colm to have finished 5th”.

so, yous have a good weekend?

Back