Commercial GTR/911

V4TYPER

Hi All,

Years ago I remember commercial Supra's etc in the heyday of the JDM scene.

Is it still possible to convert such cars to commercial or is that loophole closed?

Something like a GTR or a 911.

Hi All,

Years ago I remember commercial Supra's etc in the heyday of the JDM scene.

Is it still possible to convert such cars to commercial or is that loophole closed?

Something like a GTR or a 911.
I mean, I'd presume so. It's harder now to tax commercially now, I think you need to prove you have your own business/need it for work.

Especially considering that Impreza hatch that's up for sale atm w/ commercial tax of 333, whereas last year it was up for sale with normal tax of 2400 euro

You would imagine the country would be full of "commercial" GTR's and the likes.

Yea , if your registered for Income Tax it would be sufficent. Not neccsarily a " Ltd Company". There is something on the revenue site about the sizes of the rear of a commercial vehicle. But it applies more so to BIK. The vehicle can still be a commercial and sold as such.

Been a few years since I came across this. So possible changes could have been made.

I'm talking from a point of view of "converting before importing". I know the usually, remove belts etc would apply to the rear. But is there a size requirement for the rear commercial area now that closed a loophole?

Would it not de value the car especially if its a gtr or a 911, whats the tax on both is it €1800 or €2400

Not a hope of a 997 turbo being done as a commercial anyway, GTR maybe but wont be legit

Buy an rs6 sure 😂

For a vehicle to qualify for commercial tax you need something like 33% of the overall area of the cabin and they measure from the boot onwards so a 911 is not possible imo . A gtr maybe you'd get away with it as has rear seats but you need a vat number or herd number or sometimes a letter from an employer will work but more so on an actual van

Gordo if it's that simple it literally cost nothing to start a company and register for vat
@Johnnyits i dont realywant to drag the conversation in there but its not about tight arse is about being sickened seing those at the top during coving giving themselves several pay rises and sorting out their friends and family, while you grafting hard only to be extorted massive amount of money. And don't get me started about the carbox tax etc.

Gordo if it's that simple it literally cost nothing to start a company and register for vat
@Johnnyits i dont realywant to drag the conversation in there but its not about tight arse is about being sickened seing those at the top during coving giving themselves several pay rises and sorting out their friends and family, while you grafting hard only to be extorted massive amount of money. And don't get me started about the carbox tax etc.
Cost nothing to initially start one you're right but take into account your vat returns and all other stuff you need an accountant for. My point is to have a commercial taxed commercially you need a vat number or herd number. The average person wouldn't be able to tax a van for commercial purposes

Back