Collins Engineering Wheel Refurb In Bray

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Thinking of getting my wheels done and looking for peoples advice and experience with these guys...

1. How much was it?
2. What was the quality of work done?
3. What is the longevity like? How long have you had them and whats the finish like now?
4. Anyone else up for getting there's done and we'll see about a discount?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=14703.msg181910#msg181910 date=1240925816]
Bit of a hike inst it? Theres a lad in navan would that be handier for you?
[/quote]

Only about 15mins from the house.. I do a round the world trip to and fromwork every day.. Living in sandyford at the moment but working in Dunleer up past drogheda :doh: :doh:

Would you have the name and number of the guy in Navan?

Wrx Ian works part-time for Collins Engineering, he might be able to get you a good price.

I know Forester Dan was happy with the finish they did on his wheels but daveleggy wasn't & they both got work done in Collins Engineering.

Personally I wouldn't go to the lad in Navan, the last owner of my car got the speedlines done by him & they started flaking off about a year after they were done.

Ciaran RS RA also sends wheels us to nuluk up north occasionally so could try him.

Just spoke to Collins there and they want €450 to repair and paint all 4 wheels..

Will give ciaran a shout and see as well :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=14703.msg181914#msg181914 date=1240926381]
Just spoke to Collins there and they want €450 to repair and paint all 4 wheels..

Will give ciaran a shout and see as well :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Sure you'd get new rims for 700..I taught you where living in balbriggin thats why i suggested navan

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=14703.msg181928#msg181928 date=1240929500]
Sure you'd get new rims for 700..I taught you where living in balbriggin thats why i suggested navan
[/quote]

Have been thinking that too, and saving the ones i have for track but wanted to get a slightly darker look than the normal anthracite colour you see around for a more stealthy look.. Somewhere between black and antracite, anthracite with black flake through it maybe.. Not sure what to do to be honest, i like the design of the wheels i have on it as i think they suit the car well, its just the polished face is a bit too bling for my liking and they fit over the brembo's too which is another thing i've to keep in mind if looking for new wheels.

The other option is to try and do them myself which i'm strongly considering having a go at and if it doesnt work out, then i'll get them professionally done

Try this crowd, www.barelleltd.ie Barry is the lads name and I think it was €320-€370 for my 4 x 17".
Great price. the 370 price was to get extra silver flake in the black paint.

Rite guys if its miner kerb damage i can come down to €350 providing its not to nasty.. sweetcakes call me on my mobile 086 805 5435.. :thumbsup:

POST SOME PICS OF THE WHEELS/DAMAGE

yer man in navan is out the nobber rd (wilkinstown). david hariss i think his name is, got a set of wheels and one damaged wheel done by him bout a year ago and it cost 350 , 280mto spray and 70 to fix wheel . one wheel has slight paint run but bar that im happy ,no flakin or chippin

wrx ian is very good to from what i hear

hope this helps

[quote author=Wrx ian link=topic=14703.msg181972#msg181972 date=1240935346]
Rite guys if its miner kerb damage i can come down to €350 providing its not to nasty.. sweetcakes call me on my mobile 086 805 5435.. :thumbsup:

POST SOME PICS OF THE WHEELS/DAMAGE
[/quote]

Sound man Ian, I'll give you a call in an hour or so :thumbsup:

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=14703.msg181975#msg181975 date=1240935936]
yer man in navan is out the nobber rd (wilkinstown). david hariss i think his name is, got a set of wheels and one damaged wheel done by him bout a year ago and it cost 350 , 280mto spray and 70 to fix wheel . one wheel has slight paint run but bar that im happy ,no flakin or chippin

wrx ian is very good to from what i hear

hope this helps
[/quote]

Thanks man, I couldnt live with any sort of imperfection, it'd do my nut cause i'd always be looking at it and sighing :thumbsup:

my brother had his standard focus rs turbo wheels done by collins , excellent job , reasonable price and prompt service , ya'd swear the wheels were new after the job they done !

I had mine done by Collins

Matched the gold colour perfectly and got all the marks out.

My wheels were in bad nick, proper kerb damage on the rim and the spokes were badly scratched too.

Cost 60 bucks a wheel and done in the day, not sure where you're getting the cost of 350, sounds like you were asking for a complete strip down and repaint, I'd advise you call again and see what exactly you were priced for

Highly recommended :thumbsup:

[quote author=Cill link=topic=14703.msg182009#msg182009 date=1240943686]
Cost 60 bucks a wheel and done in the day, not sure where you're getting the cost of 350, sounds like you were asking for a complete strip down and repaint, I'd advise you call again and see what exactly you were priced for
[/quote]

Yes mate, thats what i got quoted for. My wheels are black with a polished face but wanna go darker now which needs the strip down :thumbsup:

I would be interested in getting my wheels done they have some scuffs and need repainting wounder if a few of us go how much it would be.

i got a price off tallaghtpowdercoating for 350 all in !!!!!
dont know anyone who has got work done by them!!!

is that a price for any of us ian????
defo want mine done soon also!!!
:thumbsup:

Back