Colin McRae R.I.P.

MurphWRX

Sunday Drivers
i seen this on www.colinmcrae.com and thought it would be nice to post it up on here..

Up at five and really so keen, To see the bond of man and machine, 3 hours to drive to get to the start, We all have a laugh and so full of heart, We know it is early, the weather is damp, But we need to see cars come off the ramp, Through fog and rain we push on with style, We know the main man is due in a while, Then comes a whistle, the marshal says time, A car is now coming through forests of pine, Its howl is so frightening, like a banshee on heat, There is no escape, as we shuffle our feet, And suddenly now its why we are here, McRae over crest of course in top gear! It’s been worth the wait, the weather, the toil, To see the brave Scot here on home soil, But now there is silence, and it’s deafening too, Cos you and the wee man have bid us adieu. So rest in peace Colin, you and your lad, You gave us your best, John be proud of your dad. The memories you left us are all just the best, You shone like a star, just simply the best. Colin you’re a mate and that’s what we all thought, It made you our hero and that just cant be bought. Now your in heaven with your boy and at rest But you left us the true meaning of FLAT OVER CREST!.

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=3749.msg38320#msg38320 date=1190669169]
:cry:
[/quote]

Yeah that about sums it up Norris

The man is a and always will be a legend he really did put subaru on the map.
The first time i seen the subaru they called the Real McRae at the dublin motor show
i knew that some day i had to have one.
He will be missed :cry:

Back