Classic insurance on a '98 Impreza WRX

Ciano35

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a quote for classic insurance on a 1998 Impreza WRX (non-sti) with no luck. I'm between 25-30 years old, clean driving record, and the car is un-modified and would be kept on private property in the countryside, but nobody wants to touch it. I have a daily car insured. Here's my results so far:

Carol Nash: won't insure an Impreza
FBD:
won't insure an Impreza
Campion: won't insure an Impreza
Axa: car must be over 25 years old
First Ireland: won't insure an Impreza
Autoline: I must be over 30 years old

Anyone/anything else I can try or am I out of luck? :(

Thanks!

I'm really surprised at autoline [emoji848] I'm insured with them since I'm 27 and I renewed my insurance with them on Wednesday with no problems at all and my classic is down as a wrx sti.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Autoline increased their age on jap classics from 25 to 30 about 2-3 years back. They will continue to insure existing customers under 30 but not new ones. Fantastic if you meet the criteria myself and a friend have 3 rx-7?s with them for ?550 in total for the year

I'm only a customer with them since April last year. They are only a broker and they have me insured with Allianz maybe give them a try directly [emoji848].

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Tried Allianz directly and was told they don't do classic insurance. My father rang Autoline and they would insure him for 280, and they would have to check about adding me as a named driver and will let him know Monday. I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is going to be. :icon_sad: Fairly annoying when I'm only a few years off 30 and have a perfect driving record.

Back