Classic insurance 19 year old car??

seanie

Lad I know trying to insure 01 bug wrx as a second car, are any classic insurance policies covering anything less than 20 years old?
Or any way of insuring a second car without being completely rode?

Im not up on insurance myself as always had motor trade so never had an issue

Autoline use to,but I think they are getting stricter and it has to be 20 years with them now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

thanks Jayo, also he is 29 so caught for a year by most companies for his age and the car age

No, he will have to get 2 insurance policies on each car and have NCB on 1, unless he can find an insurance provider that will mirror NCB, im in the same boat, but mine is a JDM STi so any companies that mirror NCB wont even look at the STi

Auto line did classic insurance for me on the type r scooby when it was 18 years old but that was in 2016 and I'm old, I believe they have got stricter with age of cars they are now covering on classic insurance.

Ring and find out is my advice, your buddy will need yo have another car as a daily to get classic insurance with autoline

What's the reason for the mad price jdm cars get quoted or is there one????

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Insurance is gone a lot tougher in the last year or so . All I can advise is ring around .
@ Gary no reason for jdm increase it's because they can . Where do they think the uk and Irish subarus come from :snooty::jack:

Lad I know trying to insure 01 bug wrx as a second car, are any classic insurance policies covering anything less than 20 years old?
Or any way of insuring a second car without being completely rode?

Im not up on insurance myself as always had motor trade so never had an issue
Mate Autoline Classic, FBD Classic & Carrol Nash are the go to guys for the RX7 guys.

Failing that joining a Classic car club as some of them have deals with insurance companies. I know its less than 20 years still could be wort a try.
No 1 thing is he will need lots of luck

Last edited:
I rang Autoline early this month, they are strict on the 20 year policy Since Jan 2020, but they will still insure you IF you took the policy last year.. no new policy's under 20 years

Would he have named driving experience on a family members car or partners car. He could start a new policy with his named driving experience but it wouldn't want to be to big of a car or it can get expensive. Use his existing policy to insure the impreza and start the new policy on his daily car if it's not to big of a car.

Back