Clarion NX501

b4turbo

Afternoon all.

I'm in trouble with my double din stereo in my 02 Legacy BE5.

When I got the car from Japan last August, the stereo was working fine but the 90fm limit was making the radio useless ...

Shortly afterwards, I noticed that the screen wasn't working as it should. If I can explain this right, all the icons, symbols etc are displayed perfectly on screen, but when you push, let's say radio, you might activate the CD, the whole screen is turned 90 degrees to the touch, but not to the eye, if that makes sense. I've calibrated it numerous times, reinstalled software from the net and still the same. I removed the radio to fit a cheap chinese one to keep me going but that wont fit because the legacy facia is slightly narrower than most double dins. This chinese radio will not fit the opening in the facia.

Anyway, getting back to the Clarion. While I had the unit out and having to refit it again due to the other one not fitting, I added an aerial frequency extender. Put it all back in and yes, i can now go up to 106fm, but my screen is still off by 90 degrees meaning i haven't all functions available. Hard one for you guys to visualise I know.

Question is, can any of you guys advise on where to sent it to be fixed of know of a quick fix. The same stereo is in some Peugeots I think.

Thanks lads,
B4T.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back