Chinavision Double Din DVD player review

there is route 66 software on the sd card that was already in the unit when i put it in the car.....
I contacted a mate to get Garmin software from him.....
think its only costin me 20 euro
ill get u a copy aswell if ya get me a 2gig sd card

[quote author=super106 link=topic=21450.msg264966#msg264966 date=1268066815]

arrived today gonna fit it n see how she goes or blows!

:653:
[/quote] got it fitted, ice in ranelagh to the rescue !!

Good man......

Stick up a few pics of it!!!

They are a good unit..... have to say im very happy with mine.... :653:

[quote author=Jamesae86 link=topic=21450.msg262263#msg262263 date=1267265009]
[quote author=super106 link=topic=21450.msg262145#msg262145 date=1267222575]

My bugeye has a pioneer carotezerra thingy in it, looks hard to take it out, il order the new one and il tackle the install see how far i get! gps aerial must be hard to fit??
[/quote]

i'll take the pioneer if its double din and working ok :) 0879614394
[/quote]

How much with band expander will you pay?

Not good now lads.....
The unit seems to be going faulty..... I got into the car to go for a spin the other day, and the radio came on as normal however the display is upside down......
only the display is upside down but not the controls....... so to change the function ya have to press the screen where the display should be and not where it is! Have contacted Chinavision and they have told me to return it to them and they will repair / replace the unit! unfortunately with postage to china etc that process is estimated to take around 1 month tho.

So i have asked them if the software in the unit can be reflashed hopefully resetting it back to the way it was when it left the factory. If this is possible i have asked them to send me the required software also.

I have already tried the reset button on the front of the unit and i have tried disconnecting the unit from the car all together
disconnecting the unit from power supply worked for about 30 seconds then it flipped back to the way it is now.
Maybe someone has an idea of something else i can try?

To say Im gutted about it is an understatement...... its a fantastic piece of kit... i dont want to have to send it back :icon_cry:

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=21450.msg268259#msg268259 date=1269260542]
@ hammie bad luck ,but keep us posted :thumbsup:

[/quote]
+1 Same sh1t happened to me with a MEOS dvd player and its been away for repair for the last 4 weeks. Having to pay for the return postage is the biggest kick in the teeth! BTW cheapest courier I found was www.parcel2go.com :thumbsup: Hope you get it sorted without too much :new_argue: :icon_blahblah: :angry1:

eventually got it sent off tuesday this week.....
Just checked the tracking number and its left Heathrow on the way to China yesterday so hopefully it will be with them in china early next week!
Cost me 52 Euro to send it cause of the weight..... but at least its insured if anything happens in transit aswell!!!!

They refused to send me the software as they said if it didnt load properly and didnt work then the warrenty would be invalidated!
so off its gone on its mary way to China :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

going to have to put something into the car as a stop gap as it could take up to a month to get it back once its recieved in china!!!!!!

sick of driving without music on at this stage!!!! LOL

its probably a good thing in a way Gav(in a round about way)!!!!!
whoever owned the car before me made a bollox of the wireing and its given me a chance to remove all the sh1te thats not actually needed!

There was some ball of wireing in behind there thats long since redundant and has now been removed!
only thing is now the backlight on the boost guage doesnt work!!! So might have to throw in the Defi's while im at it all

"sick of driving without music on at this stage!!!! LOL"

wind down the windows and listen to the tune of the flat four , keep u goin :whistle: but u WILL drive faster and you WILL use a lot more petrol :icon_jook:

keep us posted :thumbsup:

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=21450.msg272281#msg272281 date=1270738808]
:whistle: but u WILL drive faster and you WILL use a lot more petrol :icon_jook:
keep us posted :thumbsup:
[/quote]
Thats the very reason Im sick of not having the radio!!!!
Took a spin across the backroads the other day!
just about got half the mileage out of a tank that i would normally get!!!!!!
:1poke:

Got it sorted ages ago man.... think it took 3 weeks to get the replacement from China....
Its a great bit of kit..... havent had any more issues (touch wood) since

Back