CCTV camera recommendations

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
After another 2 of my neighbours getting their cars broken into last night, I think its only a matter of time before something happens to mine. Looking to fit a Infared CCTV camera pointing down at my car for a bit of added security. Its more than likely the same group of scum doing all the break-ins in the area. preferabbly one i can hook up to my home network, monitor from the internet and record to hard drive. Not looking to spend a fortune on it but still needs to provide good imagery in the dark. Cheers

Check out Akki's post about them, he recommended a system a few months back and it looks the dogs danglies.

Have a look on Ebay lads. I was lookin myself.
Search CCTV DVR and loads of systems come up.
There's a good one with 4 IR cameras and a 10inch monitor with the hard drive built into it. 440euro from china

i would have my reservations about buying security equipment over the net. the fact its cheap is a dead givaway and if something goes wrong with it its difficult to claim on any warrenty. a lot of the dvrs on the net are sold with only an rs232 port to connect a pc monitor and dont have a propper bnc output to wire to a tv or to a remote monitor. bear in mind that where you have your dvr you will need a screen also because all the programming and user functions are opperated from the front of the dvr and the info is displayed on the screen so the two have to be beside each otherbut if the dvr is a decent one you can have multiple feeds to your tvs and other monitors.
when it comes to the cameras i would recomend day/night vandel proof domes. they have good adjustment and are not too conspicious. they are colour during the day and then black and white during the night, also the cabling is hidden behind the base so a neater install if done properly. when installing your system you will need cabling for the camera feeds and for the power supply to your cameras so they do need a bit of planning and thought.
there are a few ppl on the site that install/sell these systems inc fenster and myself so should you need some hands on advice or an idea of whats involved just ask.

ps if you are to use dvrs or other such devices invest in an anti-surge block as they are prone to damage from the mains supply.

as above thats good advice,also if you but off the net you dont know the quality of the hard drives in the dvr,ive had a lot of dvr's packing up after 2years due to the drives

hard drives are a cheap part to replace!

What would be the range on these camera's? i live on the second floor of my apartment block and my car is parked behind the block, so it would be about 15-20m range i would need. what would the level of detail be like at that range? is there no way you can just buy a camera and hook it up to your home network and record onto a pc? rather than having to buy a separate DVR recorder?

[quote author=roadrage link=topic=10917.msg130403#msg130403 date=1227200071]
was looking at this one myself £463stg inc del and vat.. works out at around €550

had everything i was looking for cameras 15M IR Cameras, hard drive, Internet ,and all the leads

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/CCTV+Ki...ze+Enforcer+-+4+X+IR+Camera+Pro+CCTV+Kit.html

if your interested we could order two and ask them for free shipping

roadrage
[/quote]

got some gear from them before.good stuff and works well

there are some disadvantages to having cameras too.....im sittin here typin away and a vw polo with a few heads on board keeps circling the block and slowin down outside my gaf. the result is im sittin here with a hurl waitin for them to make there move and i wont sleep well tonight because of it.
also if something happens in the area to a neighbour or someone else property if they know you have a camera they might come knockin on your door to see if it was captured on your cctv.

Yeah lads as NorthDublin said any help needed just give one of us a shout, Dan the quality from one of those cheap day/night cameras would not be worth having on the 2nd floor, there are plenty of decent quality reasonably priced cameras and recorders out there just need to know what you are looking at.

Back